Ori and the Blind Forest

kubson

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• Odpowiedzi 740
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

• 3 tygodnie później...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-28-ori-and-the-blind-forest-looks-great-but-plays-even-better

gra jest piękna to wiemy ale tu piszą, że gra się jeszcze lepiej w to niż wygląda

Ori and the Blind Forest already looks spectacular in motion, but its real surprise is just how consistently it all comes together. The demo is early in the game, so the puzzles have yet to challenge my mind, but the tutorial sections show promise. Best of all, it feels like a labour of love from people who really get what made Super Metroid and Mario so special back in the day. If the whole game lives up to its opening, Ori could join Rayman and Super Meat Boy as one of the 2D platformer's seminal modern mascots.
Edytowane przez kermit
  • Plusik 1
Gość DonSterydo

Don ty sie z tego nie ciesz tylko bierz Xbona razem z Horizon 2 :P

Dobrze wiedzieć, że najlepsze arkejdy MS wydaje na obie konsole (tak na wszelki wypadek jakby coś nie wyszło z zakupem Xone w przeciągu 6 miesięcy ;)). Nie ma obaw, pewnie na święta sobie sprawię.

PS. Moim zdaniem Below na X360 to też tylko kwestia czasu.

Edytowane przez DonSterydo
  • 2 tygodnie później...
  • 2 tygodnie później...

Za malo sie o tej grze mowi, oj za malo...

4 FANTASTIC THINGS ABOUT ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST

Ori and the Blind Forest was one of the best unknown quantities to come out of E3. Debuting at Microsoft’s media briefing before making its way to the show floor, Ori is a gorgeous and stylish 2D platforming adventure that pulls in equal parts Super Metroid, Symphony of the Night, Journey, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Super Meat Boy. It’s a great group of influences that simply workas Leah B. Jackson explained in her E3 preview.

After getting hands-on with the same demo at San Diego Comic-Con, I gravitated towards four distinct features that help make Ori a fantastic experience.

Smart Save System

I’m a big fan of how Ori and the Blind Forest handles its save system, and honestly, I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen a game do it in quite the same way. While there are checkpoints scattered throughout the world that act as spawn points if you die (kudos to the fact that you restart almost immediately ala Super Meat Boy), there’s also a quick-save system with a twist.

At any point you can use your powers to create a save point in the environment, but doing so uses quite a bit of your stored-up energy. The idea of balancing your economy between heading into a battle fully charged, or playing it safe and creating a checkpoint right beforehand is really interesting, and something that I’m intrigued to see play out across the entire game. It builds upon the moment-to-moment tension and risk/reward of platformers in a really smart and unique way.

Upgrade Freedom

Super Metroid was built upon a very smart, but rigid upgrade system. Though you could visit certain areas out of order, meaning different players could gain different abilities earlier than others, there wasn’t a whole lot of real choice in the matter. Ori and the Blind Forest aims to upend this by infusing necessary, bespoke power-ups like the ability to scamper up a wall, with a skill tree that is completely in the in the hands of the player.

Though I only got to see the first handful of branches on the skill tree, what struck me was how the various powers catered to the kind of player you wanted to be. I gravitated towards more exploratory abilities such as a passive magnet that pulled in experience and currency from the surrounding environment. However, the other branches offered many different types of player growth. If you want to master combat, there’s a road for you. If you want to be able to hold more energy for creating save points more often, there’s a road for you. Freedom and player expression are key in Ori.

Holy Moly, It’s Gorgeous

Yup, this one probably goes without saying, but Ori and the Blind Forest is a visually stunning game. Everything from the hand-drawn characters and painterly environment, to the gorgeous particle effects of combat and subtle use of depth of field all lend to Ori’s beauty. 

Lots of Mystery

So far, Microsoft has only showcased the opening 20 minutes of what they promise is a 10 hour adventure. Aside from a brief cutscene that acts more as a tone piece and a few bits of mysterious ephemeral narration, we know very little about Ori’s actual story. But developer Moon Studios promises a melancholy adventure filled with some truly emotional moments akin to games like Journey and Limbo.

There were also some great moments of mystery sprinkled throughout the short demo, such as areas inaccessible at the time, and strange silhouettes that briefly appeared in the foreground. It seems like someone – or something – is keeping a watchful eye on Ori throughout the adventure. I’m genuinely curious to see where Ori and the Blind Forest eventually takes us, and hopefully we’ll get to see a bit more of it when a new demo is on display in a few weeks at Gamescom.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/4-fantastic-things-about-ori-and-the-blind-forest

Edytowane przez hav3n
  • 2 tygodnie później...
  • 5 tygodni później...