Skocz do zawartości

Rainbow 6 Patriots

Kre3k

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• 3 tygodnie później...
  • 11 miesięcy temu...

Rainbow 6 Patriots jednak na nextgenach?

Szef Ubisoftu zapewnia, że prace nad grą dalej trwają i idą koncertowo. O tym, że zagramy na sprzętach, które mamy w domu już zapewnić nie może

W rozmowie z serwisem Polygon CEO Ubisoftu Yves Guillemot powiedział:

"Mogę tylko zdradzić, że nad grą pracuje świetny zespól i wygląda naprawdę dobrze. Zaskoczy calą branżę, gdy się ukaże."

Zapytany o mozliwość przeniesienia Patriots na konsole następnej generacji stwierdził, że nie może niczego potwierdzić, ale jest to bardzo prawdopodobne.

Co w branżowym języku i moim wolnym przekładzie oznacza mniej więcej:

"Tak, ale producenci konsol zabraniają jeszcze o tym mówić."

Oficjalnie jednak

Rainbow 6: Patriots dalej figuruje jako tytuł na PS3, Xboksy 360 i PC z premierą w roku 2013.

Ale jeśli przerzucenie na nadchodzące sprzęty okaże się prawdą nikt nie powinien być zdziwiony. Twórcy sami zawiesili sobie wysoko poprzeczkę

tą pokazówką. Trudno byłoby osiągnąć taki poziom na obecnych konsolach. Gdyby się nie udało złośliwościom i marudzeniu o niewykorzystanym potencjalne nie byłoby końca. Ta sama poprzeczka mogła być też kulą u nogi w trakcie produkcji, która nie zawsze szła tak świetnie, jak wmawia Guillemot.

W temacie Patriots od dawna panuje cisza. Ostatnia informacja sprzed ponad pół roku dotyczyła odejścia trzech kluczowych twórców, w tym mózgu operacji Davida Searsa. To zły omen. Zastąpił go Jean-Sebastian Decant, który pracował między innymi przy

Heavy Rain i Driver: San Francisco. Posprzątanie bałaganu po poprzedniku i wprowadzenie w życie swoich pomysłów na pewno pochłonęło masę czasu i pieniędzy.

• 6 miesięcy temu...
Gość Zaqair

Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat says long-in-development game "has a place in the studio," but won't give status update on project.

Rainbow Six: Patriots was nowhere to be seen during Ubisoft's 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo briefing today.

Explaining the game's absence, Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat told a group of media Sunday evening that the game "has a place in the studio," but would not say more.

Rainbow Six: Patriots was announced in 2011 and was originally expected to launch in 2013 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Ubisoft cut top staff at Ubisoft Montreal in March 2012, and months later Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said there was a "good chance" the game had been shifted to next-gen. Most recently, the title was pulled from the GameStop database.

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal with assistance from Ubisoft Toronto and Red Storm, Rainbow 6: Patriots will follow the counterterrorism Team Rainbow squad as it tries to put down a group of American insurgents known as the True Patriots. As players look to suppress the True Patriots' budding revolution, they will be faced with "tough ethical decisions," according to Ubisoft.

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/ubisoft-comments-on-rainbow-six-patriots-absence-6409619/

• 7 miesięcy temu...
Gość Zaqair

Following Ubisoft’s debut of Rainbow 6: Patriots in November 2011, its promotion went suspiciously silent. Its 2013 release date seemed increasingly uncertain. This is, according to an anonymous developer, largely due to troubles with the Anvil Engine, which had never been used for a first-person shooter. In an effort to cut the costs of using middleware development tools, Ubisoft started using its own proprietary technology to power its games. The tech behind Assassin’s Creed pushed back on the Rainbow 6: Patriots developers, wasting much of the team’s time. The frame rate instability was nearly unsalvageable. The team of 120 couldn’t create their game quickly enough, and thus spent the majority of development time creating the original proof of concept demo we saw, and a follow-up E3 demo we didn’t.

The level designs were done and the story was written, but Patriots, broken, wasn’t going anywhere.

Eventually, Patriots was so heavily delayed that it moved to next-gen platforms. Another anonymous developer says Patriots is on (at least) its fifth creative director, with the project repeatedly failing to progress and its staff moving onto other projects.

The team working on Rainbow right now is, according to the developer, almost entirely different than it was in 2011. Ubisoft Montreal refuses to talk about Rainbow 6: Patriots -- perhaps because the game that it was no longer exists.

Yannis Mallat will only say that it “has a place in the studio,” and Ubisoft’s Tony Key recently told IGN that “We’re absolutely making another Rainbow 6.” Whether it’s taking the same risks as Vegas or Patriots, or is even the same game, is a mystery for now.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/02/03/house-of-dreams-the-ubisoft-montreal-story?page=4+main+twitter

W sumie,mozna by przeniesiec ten temat do Multiplatform i zmienic nazwe na Raibow Six.

• Plusik 1