Skocz do zawartości

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Z tego co wiem, nie ma odpowiedniego, tematu a w internecie można znaleźć kilka ciekawych tekstów. Grunt, aby je oddzielić od łąjna obesranego i podzielić się z innymi

O Half LIfe 2 

The newest installment in Geoff Keighley's Behind the Games series covers the turbulent development of Half-Life 2. This special feature takes you behind the scenes on the development of the game at Valve Software, including exclusive details on the infamous source code leak.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-final-hours-of-half-life-2/1100-6112889/

• Plusik 2
  • 4 tygodnie później...
  • 2 tygodnie później...

Nie tyle artykuł, ale ciekawa notka posiadacza światowego rekordu any% w Super Metroid załączona do video, oddaje istotę speedrunu w ogóle:

A lot has changed since Hotarubi's 0:32 any% run. The majority of Super Metroid runs now are judged primarily by real time instead of game time. Even Hotarubi ditched the Murder Beam (a game time strat if there ever was one) and improved his time to 0:31 after his SDA submission.

There are quite a few reasons why real time is the standard now. It's a more fluid run, completing the game without a single pause and generally avoiding lag. This involves different routing such as delaying the collection of the Ice Beam until later in the run and completely skipping a number of items such as Spazer, Ridley's E-tank, and the crab supers in Maridia. Many, many strats such as fast pillars (avoiding two door transitions by short charging to get through the pillars in Lower Norfair) have added excitement and new tech to the run. Also, the fact that the in-game timer only displays minutes means a considerably worse run could be considered a tie with another run. A lot of us on SpeedRunsLive (SRL) like to race this (there is a big weekly Friday night any% race), which obviously makes more sense in real time as well.
Just to give an idea as to how far this run has been pushed since the previous SDA submission, my run here clocks in at 0:29 compared to the 0:32 run, and is 8 minutes faster in real time (5 minutes faster than hotarubi's 0:31 that aimed for real playing time). That said, I don't want to take much credit for this. The amount of people that have worked on this by now is staggering, and listing them all would be impossible. I can think of about 5 rooms in this run where I could claim to use my own strat that is significantly different from any previous one...
Shoutouts to all the SM TASers, the SRL community, Japanese and Swedish SM players, the m2k2 community, and all of the old school players for their contributions. I want to give a special shoutout to the SRL community, because they took me in when I was learning, helped me, and to this day continue to make speedrunning fun for me. Although they didn't do it singlehandedly, they championed the real time speedrun and worked hard to develop it. It really is a nice speedrun. An additional shoutout to Garrison, for helping me with these comments and for pushing this time down many times over. Other runners who deserve a lot of credit for pushing the time down on this run recently are Kottpower and Behemoth. Big thanks to SDA for giving speedgamers a place to host high quality videos and for putting on great marathons. If you want to learn more about this run or the history behind it there are a lot of really good super metroid runners on twitch to watch and talk with.
This run will surely be improved by another 20 seconds or so in the future, which will produce a 0:28 in game time, but doing so will be a very difficult task. I made a handful of notable mistakes, and although I had really good boss luck, it wasn't perfect. That being said, this is still a solid run that I'm proud of.
One final note: Recently some major skips have been found, allowing a person to X-ray climb into Tourian and skip Mother Brain similarly to the 6% TAS. Even better, methods to trigger the escape sequence with either a glitched beam or X-ray were discovered, allowing you to completely skip most of the bosses and all of Tourian. The speedrun I have submitted is being preserved as it's own category and I'll end my comments by letting Garrison describe it:
"Definition for Traditional style Super Metroid any%:
-Defeats the main four bosses depicted in the statues blocking entrance to Tourian (Kraid, Phantoon, Draygon, Ridley) and goes on to defeat Mother Brain as well and go through the escape sequence.
-Stays within the boundaries of the map and limits the use of clips to entirely in boundary use (Wrecked Ship ceiling clip, Zebetite Skip)
-Does not use the GT Code
-No Abuse of Space/Time Beam or its variants
The heart and soul of the traditional any% category is to encapsulate the feeling it was to go through the game after first play and try to go through it as fast as possible. All exploits are done with the intention of working around the general design of the game, not the programming and/or its oversights."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperMetroid.html#any

• 1 miesiąc temu...
  • 4 miesiące temu...
  • 1 miesiąc temu...
  • 1 rok później...