Skocz do zawartości

Today Is The Day

puszkin

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• 3 miesiące temu...

Steve w przerwie od sprzedawania naderwanych plakatów, zakurzonych  głosnikow i przepoconych koszulek z trasy posyanowil zapowiedziec 3 albumy

Name of New TITD Album:

"No Good To Anyone"

Steve Austin - Solo Acoustic Album (SuperNova Records)

This album is a collection of songs that are performed
with only 1 Mic on Acoustic Guitar and 1 Mic on my Voice.
A 2-Track Album if you will. The music is what you would think I would play, if I was in a band with Hank Williams and Johnny Cash. No props, just singing and playing painful, songs.

Steve Austin - Xmas Album (SuperNova Records)

Yes, that right. I have been working on making a Xmas album unlike you have ever heard, with TITD playing the music. Yes, this sounds fucking insane, but when you hear it, hopefully you'll be scared and scarred for life.

Zależy co rozumiesz przez dobry, na moje uszy on nie nagrał żadnej słabej płyty.

nowy today oczywiscie że będzie dobry, akustyczne już grał i  bardzo spoko pomysł, a świąteczna? No jeżeli taki pomysł ma wypalić to albo fantomas albo oni,  inaczej to by była zwykła sieczka ze znanymi melodiami.

• 4 miesiące temu...
Cytat

It's time for a friggin' update, right!

What is going with on with the new TITD Album?

I've been working on the new Today Is The Day album for 3 years.

Jesus, 3 years. Why????

This is a very detailed and very important album to me. The name of the band is Today Is The Day and today IS the day to make The Best Today Is The Day album ever.
How do you do that???? By making sure that if it's on the record, it feels right and natural. Going on tour has kept me out of the studio. My last tour was NAILBOMB and I have made it a deal, that I don't go anywhere until the record is completed.

I'm super close to this album. I've worked, literally (not exaggerating) 300 plus hours on this freaking thing.
I've hated it, loved it, been like blahhhhh. At one point I wanted to delete it all. It was too real for me. Digging deep and trying to pour every bit of my heart, emotion and honesty into it.

I asked my friend Jef Whitehead (Wrest of Leviathan) to design the front cover and my buddy Gianni Serusi to do the layouts. I care about this thing so much, that I had the layout re-worked 3 times. This needs to be the very best it can be, for you and for me. The Artwork looks amazing and every time I see it, it makes me feel good because I know what went into making it.

So, when are you gonna have this thing done?

I am very thankful to say that final mix is happening right now. The record may come out later this fall. I have to talk with our record company about release dates of Willpower Reissue and the new record. I will let everybody know as soon as possible.

Are you gonna go on tour?

Yes, I am going to go on tour playing this whole new album and a few select cuts from the past. But, mostly everything is about this new jam. Looking at a few tour ideas that have been sent my way for this fall. I miss everyone and I can't wait to get back on the road and deliver the Today Is The Day experience to you.

What is this Album about? What is it like?

The record was made during the blackest time in my life.
I can't go into too many details, to spoil it, but let's just say that I made this record, feeling like it may be the last thing I ever get to say. There is a lot of dark sorrow and pain that is covered in psychedelic madness and heavy sections. I don't like to compare records, but if you took the vocals and some music from Willpower and mixed in Temple and Eyes heaviness, it might be a bit like that. It is truly it's own thing though. I wanted to make a record like "Wish You Were Here" or "Red" that stands the test of time and is bigger than just an album. It's a life experience. A sad, terrible, painful life experience that smashes everything and then drifts into moments or bliss and joy.

My words won't accurately reflect this thing, but I listen to it, I feel it, sometimes it makes me cry, but most importantly it makes me smile. All of you who have followed me and Today Is The Day deserve the best. I refuse to deliver anything less than my best when it comes to something for you.

It's taken me a while, I just can't whip out an album to either please the crowd or try to make money. It's not about that for me. It's about saying something and putting forth real music.

Thank you for your patience, I am almost there.

TODAY IS THE DAY "NO GOOD TO ANYONE"

• 6 miesięcy temu...
  • 1 miesiąc temu...
  • 1 miesiąc temu...