Skocz do zawartości

Sunset Overdrive

Figaro

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Gość DonSterydo

Najważniejsze żeby w ich przekonaniu gra dobrze się sprzedała. Są gry, które sprzedają się w 1 mln i wydawca uważa to za bardzo dobry wynik i są gry, które schodziły w 3 mln i wydawca potrafił twierdzić, że to o 2 mln za mało.

Może więc gracze znowu pojawią się w Sunset City w 2017 r. (2016 jest pewnie zarezerwowany na wielki restart Crackdown).

Apropo muzyki:

Producing the one hundred and fifty minutes of original music for Sunset Overdrive was a large under taking. Pyramind Studios’ Director of Production, Gregory J. Gordon, led the Pyramind team, acting as music supervisor, producer and mix engineer. Gordon was assisted by Pyramind Studios mixer and recordist Steve Heithecker and assistant music supervisor Mike Forst to secure and record the bands and artists for the majority of the original music featured in the Xbox One exclusive, Sunset Overdrive, available starting October 28th worldwide.

Developed by the famed Insomniac Games (Ratchet & Clank, Spyro, Resistance series) and published by Microsoft Studios, Sunset Overdrive is a stylized open-world shooter set in the not-so-distant future of the fictional metropolis of Sunset City. While the release of an energy drink has left Sunset City overrun by mutants, you as the player have flourished. You are the hero of Sunset Overdrive and with and with an arsenal of kick-ass, overpowered weapons and a knack for traversing the city with hyper-agility, it’s not the end of days for you. Your story is just beginning.

Working with a tight six month timeline Gordon collaborated with Microsoft Audio Director’s Greg Shaw, Insomniac Games Audio Director Paul Mudra and Creative Director Marcus Smith to find a musical direction that would fit the high energy and fast paced game play. Driven by the creative vision of Marcus Smith, the team zoned in on the Modern Garage Rock sound, written and produced to match the majority of gameplay storylines and environments in the Game. The garage rock songs are juxtaposed by a handful of Electro House tracks designed to represent the evil FizzCo Corporation and it’s army of robots.

“The first thing I did was to put together a kick ass high energy rock band made up of Pyramind Studios players: Kevin Dusablon (Guitar) Ben Anderson (Drums) Taylor Ellsasser (Bass). We wrote five songs tailored to different characters and themes in the game to see how Insomniac would respond. We called the band “The Suckers” to represent the sucking sound made by the mutants while drinking the energy drink, Fizzie. The songs were a collaboration with the band and myself, with Kevin writing the riffs and me writing the lyrics and singing the lead vocals. They were originally asking for instrumentals but I felt that it was really crucial to have a more edgy and authentic feel, that the songs have lyrics that aligned with the story of the game.”

While negotiating with potential bands and artists I spent the first month in the studio working on the sound we were looking for, said producer Gordon.

Insomniac responded well to the first tracks and was eager to get other bands and electronic artists involved, most notably the band Cheap Time from Nashville. “They are the unofficial mascot of the game’s soundtrack”, says Insomniac Games Creative Director Marcus Smith. “Such good songs… I can’t hear “More Action” without seeing the game’s start screen.” Jeffrey Novak of Cheap Time fame wrote eight songs specifically for the game and Gordon booked time and flew out to a studio in Nashville called “Welcome To 1979” to record and produce the tracks with engineer Chris Mara.

Pictured Above L to R – Cheap Time: Ryan Sweeney (Drums), Jessica McFarland (Bass), Chris Mara (Welcome To 1979 Studios, Engineer), Gregory J. Gordon, Jeffrey Novak

Drawing from an extensive pool of Pyramind Studios and SF Bay Area talent, Gordon was able to produce five electro house songs for the game with Bay Area DJ’s and electronic artists: K Theory (Frost Raven), Liam Shy (Mountain Of Youth), Argon Volt, BNZA, and Arkaen.

The modern garage bands selected to create original songs for the game are: Bass Drum Of Death (John Barrett, courtesy of Innovative Leisure), Meat Market (Oakland, CA.), BOATS! (Sacramento, CA), Dan Sartain (Montgomery, Alabama), Brenna Red (LA, CA. Fiction Reform, courtesy of Basement Records), The Bronx (Van Nuys, CA.) and another band called Sticky Nix made up of Pyramind Studios talent and Meat Market vocalist Ian Tatum.

Pictured Above L to R:Dan Sartain session: Paulo Bohrer Filho (Lead Guitar), Ben Anderson (Drums & Guitar), Steve Heithecker (Engineer) Dan Sartain, Gregory J. Gordon, Ed Baztan (Assistant Engineer)

The majority of the tracks were recorded and produced at Pyramind’s San Francisco based studios with Steve Heithecker as recording engineer. Bass Drum Of Death was recorded in New York at The End Studios by Jacob Portrait, Brenna Red’s rythmn section was produced by Chuck Dietrich in LA at Basement Records and Brenna’s vocals where recorded and produced by Gordon at D.O.B. studios in LA. The Bronx was recorded by Joby Ford and Gordon at Big Game Lodge in Van nuys LA with all final mixes and mastering of the forty two songs being done at Pyramind Studios by Gordon and Heithecker.

Mudra (Insomniac Audio Director) and Gordon worked together to determine the right sub mixes for each song to have an interactive feeling in the game. The music is implemented to respond to the intensity of game play and the “style meter”, with gamers seamlessly hearing different sub mixes of each song based on the state of the game play. This resulted in each song requiring a total of nine mixes, equaling 378 mixes in all and a much higher degree of complexity in implementation.

In the end Gordon wound up writing seven songs, co-writing thirteen others and producing a total of forty-two songs (plus two instrumentals for pre-release marketing videos and one in game cinematic) for 150 minutes of original music to be used in the game and for future down-loadable content.

The vast majority of the original music in Sunset Overdrive represents a deep collaboration between contemporary bands and the game developer to deliver a highly interactive rock music soundtrack. Said Microsoft audio director Kristofor Mellroth.

Lista piosenek:

CREDITS FOR ORIGINAL MUSIC & SONGS

CREATED FOR SUNSET OVERDRIVE & PRODUCED COURTESY OF PYRAMIND STUDIOS

Music Producer and Music Supervisor: Gregory J. Gordon courtesy of Pyramind Studios
Assistant Music Supervisor: Mike Forst courtesy of Pyramind Studios

Cheap Time
Total Annihilation 3:15
More Action 3:08
The Real World’s A Terrible Place 2:51
I Don’t Know What To Think 3:36
OD 3:05
Horror Night 4:20
Where Do We Go From Here 2:50
Game Over 4:00

Jeffrey Novak: Lead Vocals & Rhythm & Lead Guitar
Jessica McFarland: Bass & Backing Vocals
Ryan Sweeney: Drums
Recorded At Welcome To 1979 Studios, Nashville Tennessee
Recording Engineer: Chris Mara
Assistant Engineer: Gena Johnson,
Mixed & Mastered by Gregory J. Gordon
Assistant Mix Engineer: Edu Baztan
Produced by Gregory J. Gordon

All Lyrics and Music by Jeffrey Novak

Bass Drum Of Death
Between The Lines 3:11
Smell The Night 3:17
I’m On The Run 2:20

Courtesy of Innovative Leisure
John Barrett: All Instruments
Engineered & Produced By Jacob Portrait
Recorded At The End Studios, NY, NY

All Music & Lyrics by John Barrett

Meat Market
Unknown Town 2:29
I Don’t Want Your Company 2:36
Folding Socks 3:04
Violence 2:40
No One Else 2:47
Beyond The Wall 3:03

Jake Freitas: Bass & Lead Vocals on “No One Else”
Ian Tatum: Guitar & Lead Vocals on “Violence”, “Unknown Town”
Jeffrey Cheung: Guitar & Lead Vocals on “Folding Socks”
Alex Shen: Drums & Lead Vocals on “Beyond The Wall”
& “I Don’t Want Your Company”
Recorded at Pyramind Studios, San Francisco CA.
Recording Engineer: Steve Heithecker
Assistant Engineers: Adam Cunningham
Mixed & Mastered by Steve Heithecker & Gregory J. Gordon

Music by Meat Market
Lyrics by Meat Market & Gregory J. Gordon

BOATS!
This Is The End 3:00
Alright OK 2:33
I’ve Got Gunz 2:33
Different Answer 2:31

Matthew Leonardo: Guitar & Vocals
David Hayden: Bass & backing vocals
Joseph Armstrong: Drums
Assistant Engineers: Ed Baztan

Alright OK, I’ve Got Gunz & Different Answer
Music by Matthew Leonardo
Lyrics by Matthew Leonardo & Greg Gordon

This Is The End: Music by David Hayden & Lyrics by Matthew Leonardo

Dan Sartain
We’re Gonna Have A Party 3:03
OD Life 3:14

Dan Sartain: Guitar, Bass & Vocals
Ben Anderson: Drums & Backing Vocals
Paulo Bohrer Filho: Lead Guitar
Gregory J. Gordon: Backing Vocals & Cow Bell
Assistant Engineers: Ed Baztan

Music & lyrics written By Dan Sartain
Additional lyrics for OD Life written By Gregory J. Gordon

Brenna Red (Fiction Reform)
Lost Sleep Dead Souls 3:15
Smell Of Death 3:08
Feel The Hate 3:05

Courtesy of Basement Records
Brenna Red: Vocals
Chuck Dietrich: Guitar
Hector Lopez: Bass
Danny Baeza: Drums
Additional Lead Guitar: Paulo Bohrer Filho
Recorded At Basement Records, D.O.B. Studios & Pyramind Studios
Vocal Sessions With Brenna Red Engineered by Larry Ramirez

Music by Chuck Dietrich
Lyrics by Brenna Red & Gregory J. Gordon

The Bronx
Stay Alive (Focus) 3:29
Overcharge 3:46
Sunset City 3:28
Where Did The Drugs Go? 3:19

Matt Caughthran: Vocals
Joby J. Ford: Guitar
Ken Home: Guitar
Brad Magers: Bass
Jorma Vik: Drums

Recorded at Big Game Lodge, Van nuys CA
Engineered by Joby J. Ford & Gregory J. Gordon

Music by Joby J. Ford
Lyrics by Matt Caughthran

The Suckers

Suck It Up! 3:30
Vinyl Bomb 4:17
Gimme Gimme: 3:00
Face Plant 3:24
Road Rash 4:06

Gregory J. Gordon: Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals & Harmonica
Kevin Dusablon: Rhythm & Lead Guitar & Backing Vocals
Taylor Elsasser: Bass & Backing Vocals
Assistant Engineer: Edu Baztan
Mixed & Mastered by Gregory J. Gordon & Steve Heithecker
Produced By: Gregory J. Gordon

Music by Kevin Dusablon. Ben Anderson, Taylor Elsasser & Gregory J. Gordon
Lyrics by Gregory J. Gordon

Sticky Nix
Another Day 4:00
So Life’s Come Down To This 4:00

Ian Tatum: Lead Vocals
Kevin Dusablon: Rhythm & Lead Guitar & Backing Vocals
Mike Forst: Bass & Backing Vocals
Greg Gordon: Backing Vocals
Recording Engineer: Adam Cunningham

Music by Kevin Dusablon, Mike Forst, Ben Anderson & Greg Gordon
Lyrics by Gregory J. Gordon, Kevin Dusablon & Ben Anderson

BNZA
Make Your Head Pop Featuring Nat Ya 4:39

Produced, Mixed & Mastered By Mike Forst & Shawn Mercado
Natacha Chossudovsky (Nat Ya) Vocals

Music By Mike Forst & Shawn Mercado
Lyrics by Natacha Chossudovsky (Nat Ya)

K Theory
Give Me More 5:55

Produced & Mixed by Dustin Musser (AKA Frost Raven)
Portia Nova: Vocals
Gregory J. Gordon: Vocals

Vocals Recorded and Mastered at Pyramind Studios, SF CA

Music by Dustin Musser
Lyrics by Jon Paquette & Greg Gordon

Liam Shy
Sunset Electro 5:18

Written, Produced, Mixed & Mastered by Liam Shy

Argon Volt
Cesium 4:54

Written, Produced, Mixed & Mastered by Ben Anderson & Taylor Elsasser

Arkaen
Under Control 4:29

Written, Produced, Mixed & Mastered by Taylor Elsasser

Las Catrinas Cinematic
Las Catrinas :30

Kevin Dusablon: Guitar
Mike Forst: Bass
Ben Anderson: Drums
Rashida Clendening: Vocals
Fatima Dahmouh: Vocals
Andrea Rocha: Vocals

:mog:

Edytowane przez hav3n
Gość DonSterydo

Dzisiaj się zorientowałem, że tą promocją w USA na bundle jest objęty także białas z SO, który wcześniej na amerykańskim Amazonie został wyprzedany, a dzisiaj po restocku jest już na 12 miejscu bestsellerów. Jeśli w USA ten zestaw będzie dostępny do końca grudnia to obawy o słabą sprzedaż SO można odłożyć na bok.

Gość DonSterydo

To juz jest pewne, ze xbone sprzeda sie w listopadzie lepiej od ps4.

MS musial wprowadzic takie promo, bo nie mogl sobie pozwolic na przegrana w miesiacu premiery Halo, maja glowe na karku.

Tu nie chodzi o Halo tylko o fakt, że przy dobrej ofercie w 2 miesiące mogą opchnąć więcej konsol niż przez ~8 poza okresem świątecznym. To samo robili z X360 gdzie przez cały rok konsola sprzedawała się w umiarkowanej liczbie, a w kwartale, w którym przypadały święta sprzedawali kosmiczne wręcz ilości konsol. Pamiętam, że były takie lata gdzie przez cały rok X360 schodził w liczbie 10 mln z czego 6 w okresie świątecznym :P

Edytowane przez DonSterydo

Bundle z SO juz na #9 :P

The Bronx i Bass Drum of Death na soundtracku :fsg:

Soundtrack jest niesamowity, perkusja i bass pieszcza moje uszy podczas poruszania sie po Sunset City  :fsg:  Dzisiaj zawiesilem sie na 30 min i nic nie robilem tylko sluchalem muzy   :obama: Mam nadzieje ze predzej czy pozniej doczekamy sie tego na plycie.

Edytowane przez hav3n

Skonczylem watek glowny i wiekszosc questow pobocznych i musze powiedziec ze z misji na misje bylo coraz lepiej, a jak juz czlowiek ogarnie poruszanie sie po miescie to jest naprawde GOTY gra.

I ta muzyka <3

http://youtu.be/1NjzvDAQ-zw

Chociaz moj ulubiony kawalek to Dan Sartain - We’re Gonna Have A Party ale nie moge nigdzie znalezc....

Chce wiecej :3

Edytowane przez hav3n