Anno 2070

Payday: The Heist

Worms Reloaded

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack

Portal 2

lol

ROW is Rest of World and is always a full and uncensored version.

It's the specific country versions you need to be wary of. Mainly Germany and Australia for censorship. Asian ones for regional limits and Russia for regional limits and the possibility of a Russian only language option.

http://forums.steamp...964&postcount=3

Chociaz sa tez takie wyjasnienia:

In most cases, it has nothing to do with being censored. It's more to do with the specific publisher for the region. Many games tagged as ROW have the exact same content as the US versions, the regional publisher though changes (remember, major publishers, such as EA, Ubisoft and Activision have regional offices to handle sales, etc., in a specific region).

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20050350&postcount=7

I komu tu teraz wierzyc? :rolleyes:

Edytowane przez kubicz
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Eleven:

World of Goo

Star Ruler

Hydrophobia

Orion: Dino Beatdown

Waveform

Jutro ostatni dzień wyprzedaży. Niewykluczone, że oprócz bundla resztę stanowić będą powtórki najbardziej rozchwytywanych gier - chociaż kto ich tam wie, teraz są też te głosowania i flashe.

I znowu Puzzle Quest 2 nawet o centa nie przecenili...

Nie raz i nie dwa pojawiały się tutaj pytania o to jak wygląda możliwość załatwiania sobie taniej gier na Steam. Ludzie pytali o możliwość kupowania ich w USA lub w Rosji poprzez drugie konto i zabawę proxy, poprzez kolegę lub rodzinę.

Jedni wciąż o tym myślą, drudzy mają to gdzieś i przyjmują z pokorą głupią politykę "świata" gdzie 1 dolar jest wart 1 euro.

Ale ja chciałem o czym innym troszkę.

Na horyzoncie pojawiła się plotka, jako by VALVE wzięło się za tego typu działania i uniemożliwiło giftowanie rzeczy cross-region. Móiąc prościej. rzeczy kupione w USA mogą być giftowane tylko i wyłącznie ludziom którzy korzystają ze Steam w USA. To samo w Rosji. My, Europejczycy, możemy otrzymywać gifty tylko od nas samych - Europejczyków. Czyli o ile mi to wiadomo to albo pokornie płacimy w euro, albo (rzadko, ale czasami) dogadujemy się z kolegaą na Steam który zamieszkuje tereny UK, bo u nich przelicznik jest inny i czasami się bardziej opłaca u nich kupić.

Apparantly some of the big players in the gifting-scene (from russia / the US) have received emails from Valve, urging them to stop gifting to players from Europe. On some accounts, buying games has been completely disabled.

I think this is completely unacceptable. For me, buying games via a US-gifter has never been about getting the game cheaper. It has always been about getting the uncut version of a game.

I see Valves problem from a monetary point-of-view (games are cheaper in Russia / the US than in Europe), but I think it's hypocritical of Valve to use the advantages of globalization, while prohibiting its users from doing the same.

As an adult German I am allowed to buy uncut games. Why won't Valve let me? The German community has been asking for an age verification system for years now and we have gotten basically no answers at all.

Edit: Most reputable gifters never used the system to get rich. All they asked for was a small tip and paypal-fees. Seriously Valve, I am disappoint.

Edit2: There seems to be a lot of misinformation concerning the German system. Therefore I'll add some infos on how it actually works.

Basically you have two big players: The USK (German self-monitoring of entertainment software) and the BPJM (Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons). If a publisher wants to publish a game in Germany, the game needs to have an age restriction sticker from the USK. Classifications include "no restriction", "6+", "12+", "16+" and "18+". There restrictions are legally binding for the retail sector. If the USK thinks a game is too violent (rascist, etc.) it can refuse classification. In this case the BPJM can index the game which basically means an automatic 18+ rating AND prohibition to advertise the game (which includes displaying the game in retails stores). Buying the game as an adult is still allowed, but getting it can be a problem. Some retailers still have such games below the counter, but if you don't want to buy on the Internet you're probably screwed. Again this is not a situation (directly) forced by law, but a decision made by the retailers due to, probably, low sales. Important to note is that not the German government censors games. The publishers do, as they want to prevent that their game is being indexed. Now online it's a really difficult case. Basically Steam already does illegal things by selling USK 16+ rated games to teens. But nobody seems to care. German players just want an age verification system that lets people buy games they could also buy in a German retail / online store.

Edit3: Games actually can get banned in Germany. This is the third, but very rare case. It mostly happens to games like "KZ-Simulator" (Nazi bullshit) or other games depicting swastikas (Wolfenstein), sometimes really violent games like Manhunt. Here selling the game is actually prohibited (afaik not buying, but IANAL). Whatever, this case is not that importat, because it happens very rarely.

Ludzie mogli by to przyjącć jako plotę i pójść dalej, aleeeeeeee.......... są pierwsze oznaki tego typu działań ze strony VALVE.

2r4tyiw.png

Source:

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/iJeh2/the-end-of-steamgifts-valve-taking-action-against-cross-border-gifters