Skocz do zawartości

Seria Megami Tensei

Suavek

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Oby to była strona związana z nową odsłoną Persony bo to czekanie bez żadnych jakichkolwiek wieści jest niepokojące.

Co zaś się tyczy P4:Arena w wersji dopakowanej to już od jakiegoś czasu spekulowano o jej powstaniu. Ja jeszcze do porządku nie ograłem zwykłej Areny, a tu już nowa część. Jak dla mnie to spoko wiadomość, bo P4:Arena to świetna bijatyka 2d w dodatku niezmiernie ciesząca oczy świetną animacją i grafiką.

Ciekawe czy zdecydują się na edycję konsolową czy też może zostanie to tylko na automatach.

Na koniec jeszcze mały news o Devil Survivor 2, który w Europie zostanie wydany w październiku :

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/26/devil-survivor-2-hits-europe-october/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

Edytowane przez Paliodor

Nie miałem okazji zagrać w tą część ale jeśli lubisz klimaty Shin Megami Tensei i  nie przeszkadza ci oldschool w kwestii gameplayu i grinding to może ci się spodoba.

Poniżej daję dwie recki może one ci pomogą z wyborem:

Cyberpunk, demons, what's not to like?

I'm what you call an intrepid Shin Megami Tensei player. Although I've been playing JRPGs my whole life, the MegaTen series for the most part has eluded me -- you could call it my white whale.

So over the past five years, I've set out to increase my knowledge of the franchise bit by bit under the tutelage of Atlus sage Dale North. My latest conquest is Soul Hackers -- a remake of a game from 1997 that never made it outside of Japan.

I'm really glad I got into Megami Tensei.

SH4-620x.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS)
Developer: Atlus
Publisher: Atlus
Released: April 16, 2013
MSRP: $39.99

Soul Hackers deals with two major themes that are usually present in SMT titles: technology, and the occult -- but with a decidedly larger focus on the former. Through its cyberpunk veneer, the game weaves its tale through a young group of hackers who call themselves "The Spookies", who range from 17-25 years old. You'll trek through the highly advanced Amami City and even visit the new virtual frontier -- the digital city Paradigm X -- to discover the dark side of Amami, its inhabitants, and an ancient, powerful evil.

There's just one major problem that happens very early into the game: your best friend Hitomi, and fellow Spookie member sorta kinda gets possessed by a demon named Nemissa -- the wild and sexual polar opposite of the reserved, shy Hitomi. You'll also embark upon a number of "vision quests" of sorts that involve a mysterious being named Redman, who takes the shape of a wolf. Yep, this game gets kind of out there sometimes, and it's all the better for it.

While the narrative is interesting, it can dip into familiar fare, especially if you're playing it for the first time 16 years later, since the allure of Amami City fades a bit when you realize you have a supercomputer in your pocket. What really makes Soul Hackers shine are the timeless characters and their interactions. Even Hitomi and Nemissa alone will be enough to carry the game, as their clashing personalities both grow over the course of the game in an endearing way. Likewise, the rest of The Spookies are just as entertaining to hang out with.

Presentation wise Soul Hackers really makes an effort to differentiate itself from other games. The soundtrack isn't one of the best in the genre, but it suits the mood of the game perfectly and I have no complaints. The cast is fully voice acted, and well acted at that, as not one actor in particular does a bad job. Soul Hackers has also aged very well visually (although it clearly does look like an old game), and the 3D effect adds a nice depth to the menus and hacking sequences.

SH2-620x.jpg

You'll get to and fro using a reductive map, that features your character as a pawn/arrow of sorts. It's crude, but it's effective and it makes getting to new areas incredibly easy. The core of the game however will take place by way of first-person exploration -- dungeon crawler style, like some of the prior Megami Tensei games or the western Wizardry franchise.

The draw distance could stand to be enhanced for the first-person sequences, but the addition of a dual screen allows for the helpful display of the automap on the bottom screen so you should never get lost.

To compliment the old school dungeon crawling atmosphere, combat is decidedly old as well, taking place entirely within menus. You'll be choosing from all the typical options, like physical combat, magic, and items, as well as issuing direct battle tactics to all party members or letting the AI do the work. Your party will consist of the player character (PC) and Hitomi/Nemissa, with four demons taking up the other battle slots.

Speaking of demons, since the occult theme is paramount here, you're going to be dealing with more than just Nemissa. In addition to encountering demons in most of your battles throughout the game, you can also train them, fuse them, collect them as party members, and even converse with them in battle.

SH1-620x.jpg

My first taste of the latter mechanic happened when I unassumingly choose the "Talk" option before attacking an enemy, to which he replied, "Dude! Fighting demons is so lame. I should join you instead" -- at which point I got a brand new, free party member.

After he joined my party, I chatted it up with another demon of the same type, only to have him join me after responding "dude, you know my best friend? Awesome!" Another demon talked to me about listening to music on CDs, then tried to hit me up for money, only to call me "cheap" after fishing out $100. I had a lot of fun just talking to the demonic cast in general, not even counting my overall enjoyment with combat.

While you will eventually reach your limit with these conversations, they add a goofy element to the game that I really enjoyed. Initially, pretty much every conversation you have is based on a number of variables, and the fact that it kept me guessing as to how these demons would respond really adds to the game as a whole.

But it's not all fun and games, as the demon system is pretty damn intricate and will take a bit of time to master. For instance, the lunar cycle affects special powers for some demons, forcing you to always be aware of the time of day. Every single demon also varies in terms of personalities and affiliations (lawful, neutral, chaos), which change in-combat behavior.

SH3-620x.jpg

Demons can refuse your orders (like Pokemon if you don't have the correct badge), leave you, or cause general mayhem. Dumb demons will often forget what they're doing, and the more savvy demons will only stay with you because they're forced to, vehemently denying their loyalty if you use moves that they hate or aren't accustomed to.

Demon use costs a resource called Magnetite, which you can trade for at a special marketplace, which further complicates things. They also can't gain levels, so you will want to fuse them or replace them as you progress throughout the game. It keeps things fresh and interesting, and brings home the idea that you aren't supposed to get attached to demons.

Having said that though, Soul Hackers is one of the most accessible MegaTen games I've played. There's a lot of depth here, but if you have a background in RPGs in general, you should be fine. Plus, you could always use your COMP to not only hack the automap function, but change the difficulty of the game and have your demons ignore affiliations if you're finding yourself dying more than you'd like (you can make it more difficult as well). You can also utilize it to save anywhere if you want to circumvent one of the older aspects of the game.

Now, it does have some antiquated mechanics that will grind on people who aren't used to them. For one, you cannot save anywhere through normal gameplay, which can be a major issue if you're going on a 30 minute dungeon run only to be on the receiving end of an errant critical hit, die, and get a complete game over screen -- no continues allowed.

On that note, if your main party member dies, it's lights out and back to the title screen. It doesn't bother me personally as I tend to save quite a bit and the game accommodates for three file slots, but losing a ton of progress can be an issue when save points are few and far between in some areas.

So what's new with the 3DS version exactly? Well there's 30 extra demons -- some of which are alternate versions of ones found in the original, alongside of brand new ones. The 3DS also has improved load times, a new opening, and the ability to repurchase old demons you've fused before, to aid the collection process. There's also new content featuring two incarnations of Devil Summoner star Raidou Kuzunoha, which will no doubt please hardcore fans (although I don't want to ruin it here).

Street Pass functionality is featured, allowing you to earn Play Coins to exchange for currency to buy and summon demons (mostly the demons new to the 3DS version), as well as interact with, and evolve the adorable Nemechi, who has his own menu option. Keep in mind that Play Coins you spend will be wasted if you don't save the game afterwards (or die in the process).

Soul Hackers is not a full-on remake, and more of a re-release. But you know what? Considering how well the game holds up even today, that's ok. Soul Hackers may have a number of antiquated prin(pipi)les and mechanics, but none of them are unprecedented or that difficult to deal with. So long as you're willing to put up with a bit of age, you'll be diving into one of the most accessible and enjoyable Shin Megami Tensei games in the series.

THE VERDICT - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Reviewed by Chris Carter

8.5 /10
Great: Impressive efforts with a few noticeable problems holding it back. Won't astound everyone, but is worth your time and cash. Check out more reviews or the Destructoid score guide.

"Soul Hackers is by no means the greatest game produced under the SMT name, but any fan of the series will certainly find it enjoyable."

Just a few months before the highly anti(pipi)ated release of Shin Megami Tensei IV, we finally get the North American release of Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, a "lost" game in the franchise that was first released back in 1997 but never made it to the West. The 3DS version has some updates from the original game, but for most players in the US, this will be their first exposure to Soul Hackers at all. How well does the game hold up today? Is it a worthy entry into the SMT franchise or not? Let's find out.

The story begins in Amami City, a "model city" where everything is connected and governed by an electronic network. The protagonist and his friend Hitomi are young members of a small group of hackers called the "Spookies," and are trying to hack the protagonist's name into a list of beta testers for a new online game of sorts called Paradigm X. Paradigm X is something of a cross between virtual reality and an MMO, where players can walk around town and talk, visit virtual attractions, and even buy pets and clothing. Once in the game, however, the protagonist is contacted by the mysterious Kinap, who hints at a calamity fast approaching Amami City, and before long, the Spookies encounter an organization called the Phantom Society who seeks to use Amami City to their own ends. As you might expect from an SMT game, the protagonist finds a computer-like device that has the capability to summon demons, chosen from folklore and mythology from all around the world, and uses this ability to fight the Phantom Society in an attempt to stop their plans. The story is a satisfying mix of what happens when science, technology, spirituality, and mythology mix together and certainly offers some interesting views of how to view the Internet in this context.

How the story is told throughout Soul Hackers is also of note. While there are many dialogue scenes throughout the game, the story is also told through "Vision Quests" that the protagonist is sent on at various points. These are essentially dungeons where you play as a character from Amami City's past and learn about their lives. To make things more intriguing, actions you take in the Vision Quests have effects on the main plotline; for example, you might create a password as a character in the past and use it in the present. This method of delivery helps the plotline evolve beyond the standard SMT formula and create its own identity amongst other games in the franchise. Sadly, where the story does fail somewhat is with the supporting characters. Your allies in Spookies appear often enough, but half of their dialogue seems devoted to just exposition about what is going on rather than character development. There are a few exceptions, but overall, I did not connect with them even by the end of the game. Many of the villains are also fairly stock or not shown enough for the player to learn more about them or their motives. Despite these flaws, however, Soul Hackers does still have a strong enough narrative to make you want to play and see what happens next.

The gameplay in Soul Hackers is similar to other SMT games in that it is a first person dungeon crawler with turn based battles. This might sound a bit boring at first, and some will undoubtedly find the game dated in this respect, but those with a desire to explore the labyrinthine world of Soul Hackers will be pleased. The battles are challenging and dungeons often have at least some sort of puzzle element to them. It is not all about fighting your way through, however, as you must learn to negotiate with demons you encounter in order to get them to join your cause. This ranges from answering seemingly random questions, to intimidating them, to just giving them items that they want. It takes some practice to go through these negotiations without just having the demons attack your party, and each demon species is different, offering additional challenges.

Where the real meat of Soul Hackers' gameplay comes in is the customization of your party. There are hundreds of demons to try out, each with different abilities, personalities, and alignments. Alignments serve as a way to restrict which demons can work together and which cannot; for example, a lawful demon cannot work with a chaotic demon. The demons' personalities are related to what kind of moves each demon likes to use in combat. In a given battle you are given the option to choose the demon's action or let it "go," so that it chooses what to do. If you tell a demon that likes to attack to use a healing spell, there is a decent chance it will disobey you and just do what it wants or nothing at all. This may sound somewhat arbitrary at first, but you can mitigate these effects by increasing a demon's loyalty through the use of various items.

Demon fusion is back as well, allowing you to further customize your party by fusing higher-level demons with abilities inherited from their "parents." You can also purchase new demons through Nemechi, a system exclusive to this remake that makes use of the 3DS Streetpass and Play Coin systems. Moreover, later in the game you are given a special sword that can be fused with demons to give it special properties such as elemental damage and you can even install programs on your demon-summoning comp that have effects varying from mundane (telling you the time) to useful (allowing you to save anywhere). All of these facets combine to make the battling experience in Soul Hackers enjoyable, and you will need to adapt your party appropriately if you are to take on the challenging boss battles later in the game.

As far as graphics go, Soul Hackers is fairly standard with few uses of the 3DS' capabilities which is disappointing. While there are some 3D effects such as enemies appearing behind each other in battle and dialogue being displayed in the "foreground" while characters are in the background, it really does not make a difference in the game. There are some reasonably good-looking CGI-style cutscenes involving the computer network, but they do not occur too often. The characters look good, however, and many of the supporting characters have unique and interesting designs that help them stand out. Even the shopkeepers have unique appearances. Most of the demons appear as they did in many other SMT games, but I think this breeds a level of familiarity and does not detract from the game at all.

The music in Soul Hackers was one area that disappointed me quite a bit. Many other SMT games have great musical scores that complement the storytelling nicely, as well as battle music that is often epic, catchy, or both. Soul Hackers' music, on the other hand, can be described as just mediocre. Almost no pieces are particularly memorable, including the frequently-heard battle music. All of the music is appropriate for when it is played, meaning nothing seems out of place, but it always just seems to fade into the background. This was a big disappointment for me, given that I often look forward to the musical choices this franchise has to offer, and I think they could have given this part of the game more attention.

Where Soul Hackers saves some face in the sound department, however, is in the fact that the game is fully-voiced in English. Just about every scene and every character, including minor NPCs, are voiced, lending a sense of life to the game. The characters' voices become one of the few connections you have to some of the less-developed supporting cast. While the voice performances are not superb, the actors did a good job and none of the voices come off as annoying or overacted at all unless the situation calls for it. The one downside is that I believe these voice files are in large part why the game takes up so much memory (if bought digitally): around 14000 blocks.

There is not too much to say about the controls in Soul Hackers as they are fairly standard for this type of title. You explore the dungeons use the d-pad and make selections with the face buttons. You can also use the 3DS' circular game pad to move the map on the bottom screen around, which can help in large dungeons. The touch screen is not used really at all, which may disappoint some people, but I would rather it not be used than have the developers through in some contrived function for it.

Overall, Devil Summoner Soul Hackers is a solid entry in the SMT franchise. It is by no means the greatest game produced under the name but any fan of the series will certainly want to play through it and will find it enjoyable. The story is intriguing, the customization for your party is fun, and the dungeons can be challenging. Getting through the main story can take anywhere from 25-40 hours depending on how much you want to explore and level up before boss fights. There are plenty of extra dungeons and bosses available for those desiring a further challenge after beating the game as well. It is great that this game has finally gotten released to a wider audience, and one can only hope that with its success, more of the older Shin Megami Tensei titles (how about 1 and 2?) will be released in North America as well. Either way, Soul Hackers is a well-made game and a great entry in the growing library of RPGs for the 3DS    http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Shin_Megami_Tensei_Devil_Summoner_Soul_Hackers/index.html

Edytowane przez Paliodor
  • Plusik 1
  • 2 tygodnie później...

Długo mnie nie było ale mogę z satysfakcją napisać że wczoraj udało mi się skończyć Persone 4 Golden po raz drugi i odkryć wszystkie zakończania. Cóż mogę powiedzieć jak wiecie przed czwórką grałem w trzecią personę ale w wersji  portable więc zmiany jakie ujrzałem wywarły na mnie spore wrażenie.  P4 podobała mi się i  to bardzo ale jedna rzecz mnie denerwowała a chodzi mi o zakończenia.

O ile nic nie mam do samych zakończeń to już muszę się czepić o to sposób ich odblokowania ,  możliwość ujrzenia kolejnych endingów poprzez  przeprowadzanie rozmowy składającej się z wybranie odpowiednich odpowiedzi jest trochę dziwne. Przyznam się że po ujrzeniu po raz drugi teko samego zaskoczenia musiałem skorzystać z dobrodziejstw sieci i poszukać sposobu na dalszą kontynuacje gry.( nawet nie wiecie jak nie lubię korzystać z poradników do gier ;p ).

Tak na zakończenie  mogę stwierdzić że wystawienie  piątki w skali szkolnej dla Persony 4 Golden według mnie jest uczciwe, tak na marginesie zarówno P3 ja i P4  podobały mi się w taki samo i nie mam zamiaru faworyzować jednej z nich. 

Mając już zaległości za sobą  chciałem wrócić do wiadomości jaka pojawiła się parę postów wcześniej , chodzi mianowicie o rzekomą zapowiedzi Persony 5. Na stronie która została uruchomiona widzimy trzy kwadraty jestem ciekaw co one mogą znaczyć. Ciekawe jest też to że są tam podane miasta które są porozrzucane po całym kraju , czyżby kolejna persona pozwoliła nam podróżowanie po całej Japonii ?. 

Widzę że kinówka trzeciej persony trzyma poziom pod względem graficznym no ale mam jedno ale co do oryginalnej ścieżki dźwiękowej. Może to dlatego że P3 na zachodzie została wydane z angielskimi głosami ale Jumpei brzmi za poważnie po japońsku ( powinien być bardziej ciapowaty ;p ). Jeszcze jedno nie dziwię się że Persona 3 zostaje wydana w formie filmów kinowych, no ale nie widzie szans puszczenia w publicznej telewizji  serialu gdzie banda dzieciaków musi sobie palnąć w łeb tylko po to aby "obudzić" swoje prawdzie zdolności. 

Tak na marginesie czekając na zapowiedzi piątej Persony właśnie ogrywam P3 w wersji FES :]

• 2 tygodnie później...

@PuppetPL z eBayem jest tak że ceny rzeczywiście w większości przypadków są przesadzone ale zdarzają  się też całkiem dobre okazje ,  trzeba mieć tylko szczęście :P. Wracając do pytania o Personę 4 to zależy czego się spodziewasz od tej gry i czy to będzie twoja pierwsza  gra z serii, co mogę napisać pozytywnego :

-Dobra historia ( zaczyna się jak u Hitchcock najpierw "wielkie boom" a potem  powili akcja narasta z tym że w przypadku Presony gdy myślisz że to już koniec nagle okazuję się że czego jeszcze brakuje ) 

-Wyraziste postacie ( dialogi jakie prowadzą czasami naprawdę mogą rozbawić ) 

-przystępna mechanika rozgrywki w porównaniu do trójki (nie czuć już takiej monotonii podczas eksploracji poziomów) 

-czas potrzebny na ukończenie gry (spokoje upłynie przy niej parędziesiąt godzin a do tego jest opcja new game plus)

Jeśli masz wolne kilkadziesiąt godzin, znasz angielki lubisz gry turowe  nie przeszkadza ci stylistyka w koncepcji mangi i anime  to wiedz że Persona 4 to dobry wybór.

• Plusik 1

mam 3dsa od niedawna i jako wielki fan persony chciałbym zagłębić się w główną serie. Mam pytanie takie od czego zacząć co jest must have ? Chodzi mi o rzeczy z ds'a oraz 3dsa (Nigdy konsolki nintendo wcześniej nie miałem tylko psp i vite),

Dziękuję z góry za pomoc! 

Praktycznie każde SMT to must have jeśli jesteś fanem serii. ^^

Łapaj za SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked, świetna gra. Devil Survivora 2 może na razie nie ruszaj, ma za jakiś czas wyjść dopakowana wersja na 3DSa. Jeśli nie boisz się rozległych dungeonów i chcesz jeszcze przed palowską premierą SMT IV poczuć z czego słynie główna linia serii to graj w SMT: Strange Journey. No i pozostaje jeszcze SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, remake nigdy nie wydanej na zachodzie części serii z Saturna.

• Plusik 2

W Europie na 3DS'a masz póki co tylko Soul Hacker's i Devil Survivor Overclocked, w przyszłym roku ma wyjść SMT IV. Na DS'a zaś dwie części Devil Survivor i Strange Journey.

Osobiście grałem tylko w 1 część Survivora i SJ - Ta pierwsza mnie specjalnie nie wciągnęła, ot taki visual novel z elementami taktycznego rpg'a. Szczerze DS ma mase ciekawszych tytułów z tego gatunku.

SJ z kolei przypomina gameplayem bardziej staroszkolne SMT lecz sam w sobie jeśli idzie o poziom trudności i eksploracje jest chyba najprzystępniejszym SMT w jakiego grałem. Niemniej gra całkiem przyjemna, acz strasznie dużo nudnych dialogów ciągnie się przez całą oś fabularną, wg mnie troche za dużo i odrywają od samego gameplayu. Nie licz na takie postacie i fabułe jak w Personach. 

• Plusik 1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712384

Gather round, dear friends. We have some sad news for you – we’ve decided to close down our forums for the foreseeable future. In two weeks, we’re going to basically wipe all the content, so if you have any threads you want to save or screen cap for posterity, now is the time to do it.

Why are we going all Blockbuster Video on the forums? Two main reasons, really. First: we have awesome fans, and the overwhelming majority of them spend more time on Facebook and Twitter. In this business, it’s adapt or die, so we’re refocusing our efforts on social media. But in the great expanse of the world wide internets, you’ll find plenty of exceptional ATLUS fans – the ones who keep our game Wiki pages alive, create walkthroughs on GameFAQs, cosplay, create fan art or fan fiction, etc. So even if you actively avoid having a social media presence, we’re sure you’ll find some other great ATLUS fan community to be a part of.

Second: we have a lot of games coming out in the coming months/years, and we just don’t have the time to police the forums they way we did in the past. It’s become a barren echo chamber over the past couple of months, with no practical solution in sight (other than the Ol’ Yeller method, that is).

So there you have it. We’re pulling the plug, because its time has come. The last day the forum will be active is Friday, Nov. 22. You can still find us though. We’re alive and well on Facebook, Twitter, and our ATLUS Faithful email newsletter!

Happy Trails,

John Hardin
ATLUS Forum Euthenics Manager

Aha, zaczyna się. Wpierw forum, potem strona zniknie na końcu, oddział USA.

Że niby FB jest lepszy od oficjalnego forum, gdzie mnóstwo ludzi może sobie w różnych tematach podyskutować na poszczególne sprawy? Litości, co za czasy, pokolenie obrazków i krótkich bełkotliwych zdań :sick:

Już pominę fakt, że takie forum to ich pewnie majątek nie kosztuje, a adminów i modów pewnie by bez problemu znaleźli wśród chętnych fanów.

Tak dalej Sega, zarzynaj Atlus,ze swoimi gierkami ci to wyszło :wallbash:

Gdyby okoliczności były inne, to bym ich nawet rozumiał. Atlus USA nigdy nie był jakimś dużym czy znaczącym studiem, a argument o moderacji forum wbrew pozorom jest trafiony, szczególnie jeśli nie posiada się do tego jakichś wolontariuszy, którzy by to robili nieodpłatnie, a z drugiej strony nie ingerowaliby bezpośrednio w sprawy firmy.

No ale na chwilę obecną... SEGA przejmuje Atlusa, SEGA ma złą renomę, gry idą w mobile i social, to można tylko przypuszczać co by się tam działo, gdyby faktycznie ogłoszono jakąś kontrowersyjną zmianę. Może i się tylko oszukuję, ale nadal cicho liczę, że tragedii nie będzie. Ciągle mam w pamięci przejęcie Atlusa przez Index i podobne obawy, gdzie owszem, gry mobile nawet z Persona w tytule się pojawiły, ale nie przeszkodziło to na wypuszczenie innych, pełnoprawnych odsłon. Pytanie, czy teraz będzie podobnie, czy jednak wszystko pójdzie w gry freemium na komórki i tablety...

Persona 5 na mobile mimo wszystko uważam za nierealne. Prędzej bym się spodziewał edycji na 3DS i/lub Vitę.