Skocz do zawartości

Banished

django

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

screenshot4-700x393.jpg

There are countless developers stuck in big video game companies dreaming of breaking off and working on their own games. One of them, hiding behind the nickname Dukus, did just that and in May 2011 established Shining Rock Software. After working on a action-RPG zombie game called zAftermath for a couple of months, he decided that the outcome was unsatisfactory and threw the project in the bin. Thus, the work on Banished has begun. Although the official website states that he wants to make “simple and fun games” like the ones he played as a kid, upon seeing the latest gameplay video and fact-checking the website, we can agree that it will be a rather different beast. Complex and fun – Banished might be the cure for those hungry for more Stronghold/Settlers-type games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1xKbwGxUb18

Banished starts with a group of exiled travellers who decide to try their luck and settle down. The main objective is to survive in the unforgiving woods and you have plenty of means to make your own fate – with 18 different occupations you can try farming, gathering, hunting, fishing or digging for ores all the while expanding your settlement. With time, new residents might want to join your lovely village and traders might come to strike a deal offering livestock and different crops but even here there is risk involved – you can never be sure whether or not those new visitors have not brought an illness from abroad.

• The population may get sick naturally, or as the town grows when traders come to the town. The population can acquire influenza to the plague and everything in-between. Some diseases spread quickly, some linger, some have high fatality rates, some low. The diseases will spread from person to person based on health factors and proximity. Doctors and Herbalists can help keep the population healthy and cure the diseases in some cases.

screenshot2-700x393.jpg

Insert “Winter is Coming” joke here.

Keeping your villagers healthy, fed and happy are your only chance to survive what is the greatest threat in the game – winter. At the moment there is no combat implemented, but in the latest QA the developer explains that it might be added later on with a patch or an add-on.

>> 
  • The game was designed originally without combat, and since then I had planned on getting out a non-combative version and adding combat as an expansion or patch. This isn’t set in stone. Regardless, if it gets added, for those that don’t want combat there would always be the option to disable it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bBGX0dl5Ziw

As a one-man’s work Banished looks fantastic and is sure to hack a healthy portion of everyone’s life when it releases mid 2013 for the PC.

Source: Shining Rock Software (also a devblog worth checking out!)

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles/2013/03/23/banished-or-life-in-the-woods/

zapowiada sie swietnie

• Plusik 1
  • Odpowiedzi 12
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

Wyslalem mu mejla, ale chyba mnie olał wiec trzeba czekać az udzieli wywiadu dla jakiejs wiekszej stronki. Z tego co widzialem to wczesniej pracowal raczej jako programista i tworzyl silniki do gier wiec to raczej nie jest ktos "znany".

Trzymam kciuki za jakas open-bete albo early access na steamie.

• 9 miesięcy temu...
  • 1 miesiąc temu...

Ja się dorwałem i grałem bez przerwy jakieś 3 godzinki. Praktycznie ciągle na przyspieszeniu 10x, doszedłem do 28 roku i nie ogarnąłem, zbudowałem za dużo domków, ludzie się masowo ru.chali i rodzili dzieci i nagle pół miasta umarła z głodu.

Ogólnie gierka wypas, chociaż jest troszkę niedociągnięć, np. jak może być komuś zimno jak temperatura pokazuje 28 stopni? :D

Jak na grę, którą stworzył 1 koleś to dla mnie jest gitara, aż chce się grać. Idę robić nowe miasteczko, może tym razem będzie lepiej :)

BTW, jak przyjeżdża kupiec to aż chce się go zaje.bać za cenę nasion... Krowy i kury tańsze od 1 nasionka np. dyni...

• 2 tygodnie później...
  • 3 miesiące temu...

Ja czekam na patche. Ograłem gierke u kumpla i się zakochałem, ale AI mnie niszczy.

PS Tzn. moją miłość do gry niszczy :P

Już wiem o co Ci chodzi, już mi kilka osadników umarło z głodu bo pognali gdzieś na sam koniec mapy.

Mimo wszystko gierka wydaje się cudna po tych pierwszych prawie 5h gry. Takie poważniejsze settlersy, świetnie się ogląda jak osada rośnie a Ty sprawujesz pieczę nad całym ekosystemem. Boję się tylko, że po pewnym czasie gra stanie się nużąca, ale za tą cenę na razie jest świetnie i zabawy starczy jeszcze na przynajmniej kilkanaście godzin. Brakuje jakiejś kampanii czy rozbudowanego systemu wyzwań, choć tutaj choć trochę achievementy się przydają, bo niejako wyznaczają nam cele i scenariusze. Z zakupu jestem bardzo zadowolony, gra jest dokładnie taka, jak mi sie wydawało, że jest.

A, no i czasami osadnicy dziwnie się zachowują olewając jakąś budowę albo krążąc bez celu, ale nic, co by strasznie psuło grę.

• 1 rok później...

Dorwałam w końcu gierkę na jakiejś wyprzedaży. Pierwsze wrażenie po godzinie gry: wtf, tylko tyle? Myślałam, że będzie więcej rzeczy do zrobienia, a ja tu już wszystko pobudowałam i nic się nie dzieJAK TO WSZYSCY UMARLI

3 godziny później: osz ty (pipi), myślisz, że ze mną wygrasz?!

11 godzin grania później: w końcu! Moje miasto jest idealne, wszystko pięknie prosperuje, wszyscy są szczęśliwi, jestem geniuszem :sir: Nomadzi? Ależ oczywiście, że chcę przyjąć kilku nomadów do mojego idealnego miasta.

:reggie: :reggie: :reggie:

:yao: :yao: :yao: :yao:

:daddy: :daddy: :daddy:

Fuck that shit.