Skocz do zawartości

The Last of Us

fightclub87

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Dwa artykuły z których można się dowiedzieć kilku ciekawych rzeczy:

While players won’t be able to directly control Ellie, what kind of choices will the AI get? Will she develop over time and learn new abilities?

Bruce Straley, Game Director: It would be a really flat story if only one of the characters’ arcs and moves and characterization developed. Ellie needs to move somewhere, too. Even though she’s capable from the beginning and comes from a dark world, and has done some things that show she can exist on her own. She’s not used to the world and stuff Joel has to do to survive.

You’re going to see her working with Joel to learn more and more capabilities. Like, she starts not knowing how to use a gun, maybe. But maybe she can pick up the gun and Joel can show her how to use the gun, and she’s going to acquire more and more of these abilities as she goes [through the game]. She’ll gain more confidence with this as well.

Can you tell us what your favorite unique weapon is? What’s a really unusual weapon or item?

Well, smoke bombs are pretty interesting. We have something in the AI called “dynamic stealth”. Even though the enemies have seen you and started combat, once I run away and hide and I’ve broken the line of sight, they’re gonna go searching for me. Then it turns back into, if you want to try sneaking around them, you can. This all happens dynamically. It doesn’t mean you have to keep fighting the whole time.

The smoke bomb is a great way to break this line of sight, and to go somewhere they don’t expect. The smoke bomb also creates a small concussive burst, so it allows you to rush them as well. Everything has multiple uses, so it’s not as much the uniqueness of the weapon as it is all the different ways you see the AI can react to them. That brick, that I could use to bash you in the face, or throw it, or throw it at the environment.

Since The Last of Us goes through a year, will you have time skips in between?

Yeah, we’re going to have season changes and time skips and collapsed time, etc. To, in a cinematic way, feel like you’re compressing this journey into a palpable timeframe.

About the AI, in Uncharted 2, one of the things we started on from the beginning of the project [was that] we knew we wanted to have these really big set-piece moments, like the moving train and we wanted a building to collapse. So, we wanted these moments, and from the very start of the project, we started working on the technology to allow us to do that. Well, the same happens for The Last of Us with the AI.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/23/the-last-of-us-how-naughty-dog-made-ellie-and-enemies-feel-human/

"If you go in willy nilly and just expect to come out unscathed, then you're wrong. We want to make sure that there are a lot of opportunities for action and a lot of opportunities to get your rocks off inside of this world, but at the same time, that has to do with how much you've invested in exploring the world. How much ammo did you come into this scenario with? Have you been able to craft something like a molotov? Do you have two molotovs? Do you have a health kit? What do you have? And you're using the same inventory items for both crafting the molotov as well as the health kit, so you're making a choice: Am I going to be offensive or defensive?"

"Our inventory system is living, meaning the game is still running. You're not paused when you're going into your inventory. So it's just like you've pulled the backpack off of your back and you're in there creating something live while the enemies are moving around the environment and coming to get you if you've engaged with them. So what we want to try to do is make you feel that there is a consequence to it."

There are risks to this because now the group knows. The AI know about each other - they're searching rooms and they split up but then they're going to reform and one of them doesn't show up, he's going to start asking, 'Where'd he go?' They're going to start looking for their buddy and they're going to start getting panicked, like 'Something's up.' Suddenly there's a risk even to taking out somebody stealthily and you still have to move around. That's part of our dynamic AI system here, our dynamic stealth. We've invested a lot of time in our AI and making sure that these humans that you're facing in this world that we've created are realistic in that, there's a brutality, there's a violence, but it's not gratuitous."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-18-the-last-of-us-naughty-dog-on-elevating-the-interactive-medium

Ta gra brzmi coraz lepiej i lepiej. No, ale to Bruce Straley za nią odpowiada, a po Uncharted 2 wierzę w każde jego słowo :P

• Plusik 1
  • 3 tygodnie później...

Nie tyle pierwsza połowa, co pierwszy kwartał, wiosna jest wolna no chyba że Sony boi się konfrontacji z GTA V. Tak czy inaczej, obstawiam że z tą grą jest jak z nowym Bajoszokiem, wszystko ładnie na materiałach promocyjnych i w prasie a w praktyce trudniej jest im zrobić tą niż kolejne anczarted, dlatego też wyjdzie za rok (a przypominam, że na początku była mowa nawet o końcówce tego roku).

Serio ktoś z Was liczy na PS4 w przyszłym roku?

PS4 może i nie, ale Xbox już tak, i dlatego wydaje mi się chybionym pomysłem wydawać tą grę w okresie jak cała branża będzie fapować nad materiałami z Half-Lajfa trzeciego, MW4 czy Battlefielda 4, oczywiście wszystkie te produkcje tworzone z myślą o nowych zabawkach.

Edytowane przez Kre3k
Gość DonSterydo

(a przypominam, że na początku była mowa nawet o końcówce tego roku).

Na samym początku powiedzieli, że raczej 2013 więc ta końcówka 2012 to od początku był zwykły PR, który był związany z tym, że Sony nie ma nic mocnego na koniec tego roku.

Szczerze to wydaje mi się, że przyszły rok jeszcze będzie należał do tej generacji, ewentualnie zobaczymy pokaz next-genów na E3. Jeśli żaden z koncernów nie wyjdzie z taką inicjatywą to będzie nieciekawie. Zresztą, chyba wszyscy już będą się tego domagali. Presja tłumu;).

Edytowane przez Nemesis US