Skocz do zawartości

ReCore

Gość DonSterydo

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Gość _Be_
ReCore feels more Metroid than Mega Man And that's a good thing.

If you're looking for pedigree, it doesn't really come much stronger than this. Directed by the man who helmed the Metroid Prime trilogy. Written by the man who helped build the Halo universe. And with the involvement of an outspoken Japanese development legend who's never far away from the headlines.

So why aren't more people getting excited about Windows 10 and Xbox One exclusive ReCore?

Perhaps it's the less than stellar reputation of Comcept, the Japanese studio headed up by Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, most recently responsible for the troubled Mighty No. 9. Maybe it's the price point - ReCore will be coming in at £29.99, undercutting its competition by some margin - giving rise to a perception of it as something of a budget game.

Or maybe it's because ReCore's blend of exploration and action doesn't lend itself so well to an E3 stage or a two-minute trailer. Having sampled some 30 minutes of the game, there's a definite spark to be found in its wastelands, and amidst the sand-dusted ruins that have more personality than your average post-apocalyptic backdrop. It's clear, too, that this is much more Metroid than Mega Man, with gear gating and traversal puzzles that will be familiar to anyone who's played the Prime trilogy.

That much isn't surprising when you learn that ReCore is primarily an Armature joint, with the bulk of development taking place in the Austin developer that's formed of veterans formerly of Retro Studios, and where the game is being directed by Mark Pacini, the man who oversaw all three Metroid Prime games. What a delight it is to see the team allowed to stretch its legs after the enjoyable handheld Arkham series spin-off Blackgate, and having been frustrated by the cancellation of the promising Mega Man first-person shooter.

ReCore has more than mere glimmers of that Prime pedigree. In the combat you'll feel it in the strafe-boost you employ as the game's main protagonist Joule, unleashing charge shots that come in four different flavours. It's a simple set-up - there are four different colours of ammo selected via the d-pad, which can be matched to different coloured enemies for added damage - and you'll see it in the various abilities of your mech companions. Sometimes, the debt to Metroid Prime feels explicit - one of the three companions is a spider-like robot that can scuttle along railings, allowing you to access new areas in much the same way Samus' morph ball opened up environments.

In the final game, an overworld that's broken up by gear gating promises to make ReCore's lineage that little bit clearer. I'm afforded only a brief, stolen glimpse of the broader reaches of Far Eden, the parched planet that hosts ReCore and the one to which you wake after an extended period of cryosleep, but what's striking about the overworld and the smaller dungeons within is the sense of place - under those sands and in those ruins there's the pull of a grand mystery that's waiting to be discovered. For that, you can thank the talents of Joseph Staten. Having worked closely on the cinematics of Bungie's Halo and helped create the mythology of Destiny, this is a man who knows how to build worlds.

Staten returned to Microsoft at the beginning of 2014, taking on a broader creative director role within Microsoft Studios. "I'm focussed on narrative and IP building - one day I might be writing cinematic scripts for ReCore, another day I might be with the Scalebound team on the lore, another day I might be with the licensing team on Crackdown ancillary products," he says of his day-to-day duties. "It can be a lot of things. I work with [Microsoft Studio's head of publishing] Shannon Loftis, I do a lot of new business and I'm really involved in the marketing side on trailers and cinematics - that's where I got started. Really, it can be anything. It's very different rhythm to 15 years of Bungie, which was very straight ahead."

Staten was also responsible for much of the world building on Destiny, though the bulk of his work on the game was cut or reconfigured as the ambitious multiplayer shooter underwent radical challenges at the eleventh hour (as chronicled brilliantly on Kotaku late last year). "I spent almost five years on that project, after Halo 3: ODST. I started doing all the pre-production and concept work on that. Like Halo I've still got a lot of fond feelings for that world and even though some ideas were thrown away there's still a tonne that wasn't.

"As a writer I don't get too hung up on what line of dialogue makes it, or what cinematic was changed or cut. There's a great deal in just writing all the words that never end up spoken in a game. I always tell writers coming up in the business that the most important writing you do isn't the line the actor says, it's what you write down in an email that tells an environment artist to build something, or gets a character modeller to understand why it's a dog and not a fox. That's the writing I've always enjoyed most."

ReCore marks Staten's return to the nitty gritty of writing after taking on a more high-level job at Microsoft upon leaving Bungie. "I was very thankful to come in and stop looking at Power Point and all the other things I do - I'm half-joking, this is Microsoft. I help oversee all the other stuff we're working on behind the scenes, and I oftentimes feel spread pretty thin. It's been nice to be a writer on this game and go in deep and really be able to affect change on a fundamental level, and help."

Staten's been on board with ReCore since Microsoft signed it up, working alongside Armature to shape and build a world that, like Halo and Destiny, is a science fiction that's powered by a sense of fantasy, and a deep underlying mystery. It's a more modest game than either of those, but it's also one that is deserving of respect and that might well be a pleasant surprise for many when it comes out in September.

"I fervently preach the gospel that everything has the chance to be a Halo, or the chance to be a Destiny," says Staten of ReCore's chances of catching on. "You just have to build it right. So that means making a world that people want to spend time in, a world where people find mystery around every corner. And you can see that spirit in ReCore. It's hopefully one of the things I bring to this game. Let's build it big, let's build it for the future. If we're lucky enough to get a sequel, great, we've already got some ideas. Every game has a shot, every game should be given the right chance to succeed at that level, and I hope ReCore does. It's got a lot of heart."

Ponoc jest niezle.

• 2 tygodnie później...

Po pierwszym ogromnym MEEEEH, to ten filmik z gamescomu wygląda całkiem, całkiem. 

Widać sporo eksploracji, jakieś zagadki związane z robocikami, przyjemne strzelenie i staroszkolny klimacik. Podoba mi się też fizyka skoku - jest sztywna, ale przez to przewidywalna i skillowa. Trochę jak w starych platformówkach - ach ten double jump  :banderas:

Ktoś zaraz się przyczepi, że animacja skoku to porażka, ale porażką to byłoby gdyby faktycznie kombinowali z realizmem. Czuć, że celują w zupełnie inne klimaty.

Ale te cyferki to konieczne do wywalenia :/

Gość DonSterydo

Ja bym brał na premierę, ale od września trochę za dużo wydatków mam i w przeciągu półtora miesiąca wychodzi Recore, Horizon 3 i Girs 4. Może na święta.

EDYTA: No chyba, że coś opchnę, ktoś chętny na Maiden of Black Water na WiiU - w folii #maciomaniakstyle ;)

Edytowane przez DonSterydo

Ja bym brał na premierę, ale od września trochę za dużo wydatków mam i w przeciągu półtora miesiąca wychodzi Recore, Horizon 3 i Girs 4. Może na święta.

EDYTA: No chyba, że coś opchnę, ktoś chętny na Maiden of Black Water na WiiU - w folii #maciomaniakstyle ;)

Ale w sklepie MS ReCore powinieneś przycebulić 45 zł taniej. Horza -> cebula Gears -> cebula ReCore

Gość DonSterydo

Wiem, ale i tak wychodzi prawie 540 zł w trochę ponad miesiąc na gierki ;), niedużo, ale jak pisałem, niedługo będę miał sporo dodatkowych wydatków, więc dodatkowe 500 zł może zaboleć, heh. 

Z tych wszystkich nadchodzących gier na XO na chwile obecną na tą czekam najbardziej. Forza, Gearsy i reszta tytułów (także multiplatformy) prędzej czy później oczywiście zakupię, zagram, ale jakoś bez większego entuzjazmu. Tutaj mamy w końcu coś nowego w formule, która mi bardzo odpowiada. 

ReCore było bo 139 w pudełku od MS + kod na 45zł. Szybko się rozeszło...

https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/store/p/recore/bnml0fgm55hh?tduid=(b71a3f723056aa775ad267aaa7e9b0a0)(230991)(2215323)(2202132386794603521)()

Tutaj cyfrowa wersja - Xone + Win10. Kto wie czy to są osobne kody jak przy QB?

• 2 tygodnie później...
Gość _Be_

ReCore is basically the Xbox One’s Zelda

t’s being co-developed by ex-Metroid devs

This is the big one. The one that defines all the points to follow. While Mega Man creator Keji Inafune has largely been ReCore’s public face, Inafune’s Comcept is co-developing the game with American studio Armature. Armature was founded by a director, art director, and technology engineer from Retro Studios. Retro Studios is best known for creating the Metroid Prime series for the Nintendo Gamecube and Wii. And, with its blend of open-world exploration, ability-gated traversal puzzles, and big old boss fights, Metroid has always been Nintendo’s space-Zelda. And Armature is not holding back about its heritage with regard to ReCore.

You’ll get really attached to your gadgets 

One of the most affecting elements of Zelda games is the way that your growing inventory of weapons, gadgets and tools ultimately becomes part of your persona. The likes of hook-shots, boomerangs, bows and bombchus aren’t the usual incremental upgrades and tactical tweaks. There’s none of your half-arsed, ‘+4% accuracy to scoped fire’ nonsense here. They fundamentally change the way that you can interact with and access the world around you, and so they fundamentally change the way you see that world, and the way you see yourself. Zelda games aren’t just about exploration. They’re about a sense of personal growth. And so you get really attached to your gear. It becomes an inseparable part of you.

Its open-world feels like a sandy, space-Hyrule 

It’s an unmistakable feeling. As Joule steps out from the stranded vehicle she’s made home, that ‘just left the starting area in Zelda’ feeling pours out of the screen in waves. The sudden burst of light and space, as the ground spreads out around you, hitherto unseen, organic shapes replacing rigid, man-made structures as all is suddenly sky and landscape. Canyon walls and hilly vantage points tease the path to even more freedom just a little further ahead. Insurmountable columns and ridges, that feel suspiciously surmountable due to their rather platform-like placings near each other. The sense that if you can work out how, there’s a route there.

It’s got the same sense of hidden-in-plain-sight discovery

Yup, the use of gear feels exactly like Zelda too. Following a brief battle with a mob of robot enemies - which, although gun-based, uses a very familiar blend of lock-on targeting, close-range combat, and evasive dashes and rolls - Joule starts exploring the immediate vicinity. She’s surrounded by the aforementioned insurmountables, but after a few moments’ investigation, their nature rapidly changes.

A man with significant Zelda experience is working on the soundtrack 

Composing ReCore’s soundtrack is Chad Seiter. He might not have written Zelda’s original music - that, as is the case with many classic Nintendo soundtracks, is the work of Koji Kondo - but he has done the next-best thing. As well as writing several game scores and the music for a huge number of movies, he arranged the music for Nintendo’s ongoing, live Zelda concert tour, entitled Symphony of the Goddess.

http://www.gamesradar.com/5-reasons-recore-is-basically-the-xbox-ones-zelda/

no ku,rwa trochę hajpią a wyjdzie crap :yao:

Gość DonSterydo

Powinni już więcej z gry pokazać. Co prawda są na każdych targach ze standami, ale jest tam ciągle te same 20 min. demko, więc serwisy growe jak już coś piszą, to mielą ciągle te same informacje od tegorocznego E3.

Gość DonSterydo

Wygląda na to, że MS Polska jeszcze nie podało oficjalnie przelicznika z $, więc wszystkie sklepy, poza oficjalnym MS, mają na dzień dzisiejszy placeholdery. Gra będzie kosztować w sklepach nie więcej niż 140 zł.

Gość DonSterydo

Jakiś nowy artykuł (nie kopiuję bo długi): http://www.windowscentral.com/interview-keiji-inafune-joseph-staten-recore

As a player in combat, you're basically deciding two things when killing an enemy. Do you want to destroy them into parts that you can use to make new frame parts for your Corebots? Or do you want to pull out their core, and combine them with your friendly Corebots to increase their power?

Poniżej screeny, dwa pokazują upgrade'y corebotów:

recore-reactor.jpg

recore-mack-aug-2.jpg

recore-mac-aug-1.jpg

Gość DonSterydo

Offscreen. Widać już zmiany np. jeżeli chodzi o animacje, tak jak przypuszczałem, to nie są podwójne skoki, a druga faza to thruster packi (teraz widać animację dopalacza). Same animacje np. lądowania też już przeszły kosmetyczne zmiany. PS. Jutro będzie launch trailer = zobaczymy czy biorę na premierę  ;)