Pentiment

Figaro

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• 1 miesiąc temu...
  • 2 tygodnie później...
  • 3 tygodnie później...

Pozwolę sobie wrzucić kilka innych wrażeń z hands-onów:

Cytat

https://www.trueachievements.com/n51039/pentiment-first-impressions-obsidian-entertainment

Cytat

Pentiment is a game plucked from the mind of Josh Sawyer, who you might know from the likes of Fallout: New Vegas and the Pillars of Eternity games. As such, the storytelling elements are the main focus of the game. I was only given the option to play through one quest out of a selection of three during my session, which included helping either an undertaker, priest, or widow in order to prod them for answers to aid Maler's investigation. A moment of honesty here — I was a little bit lost when I played, so I ended up just going with the first person I came across; don't judge me!

Cytat

What I do know, though, is that the chances of my playthrough being exactly the same as someone else's are fairly slim, and the pressure presented during each moment of dialogue was felt greatly.

Cytat

Pentiment's slower gameplay and manuscript-style visuals initially had me thinking that it wouldn't quite grab my attention when it launches in November. After playing through that taster session, though, there is definitely something to be said about its ability to apply a healthy dose of pressure to your decision-making, which in turn gripped me far more than I had expected, leading me to think I probably shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Cytat

https://www.dualshockers.com/pentiment-hands-on-obsidian-rpg/

Cytat

Going hands-on with the game, Pentiment oozes authenticity, and the team hasn’t compromised at all with the art style. Right from the off you’re making choices for protagonist Maler. You can influence various parts of his personality and academic background, shaping his motivations and the road that brought him to Bavaria. Predictably, your choices will have plot and dialogue implications later. Sawyer may have emphasised that this isn’t an RPG, but that Obsidian touch still comes across clearly. 

Cytat

One of the coolest features of Pentiment is its font system. Pentiment employs a series of different fonts that indicate the background of the character, such as monk dialogue appearing in a monastic script as if the words were being read from a manuscript. The text doesn’t appear all at once either, but filters in as if it’s being handwritten, with the correct stroke order of the letters being accounted for. Despite the work that went into this feature, Obsidian acknowledge from an accessibility standpoint that fancy fonts aren’t always practical so the option of having cleaner and more readable fonts is available right from the beginning of the game. 

Cytat

Pentiment also provides an extensive glossary that includes characters and historical terms that the player may not be familiar with. These “links” will be followable within dialogue for ease of access. This is a nice touch that lets you keep track of the multitude of characters you will be interacting with throughout Pentiment and also keeps you in the loop so you're not overwhelmed with unfamiliar terms. Obsidian has really blended functionality, authenticity and atmosphere with Pentiment, and they look like they'll hit the mark on all three.

Cytat

https://www.nme.com/features/gaming-features/pentiment-is-a-terrific-murder-mystery-that-cant-be-solved-neatly-3302473

Cytat

From a brief hands-on, these choices have a significant impact on how this whodunnit plays out. An education in medicine came in handy when it was time to examine the murder victim’s body, while a logician’s background can spot details in the case that could otherwise go unseen.

Cytat

Once we arrive at the abbey, it’s time to get to work assisting with an autopsy. Although a monk was caught holding a bloody dagger above the corpse, Maler suspects there’s more to the tale – and because we chose to check the body with a medical professional, our suspicions are confirmed. Not only does Maler’s history of travel allow him to spot a French STD suggesting the victim was unfaithful to his wife, we learn that it was actually a massive hit to the head that butchered our baron. Before we can get to work finding the real murder weapon, which couldn’t have gone very far thanks to its hefty weight, there’s a twist in the tapestry: a knock at the door, and Maler is urged to hide.

Nestled out of sight, we see another medical professional enter and demand access to the body for a second autopsy, which is highly unconventional. Apparently, their orders come from the region’s higher-ups, but the whole thing stinks: with seconds left before Pentiment‘s hands-on wraps up, it’s clear that there’s a deeper, and very intriguing, conspiracy at play.

Cytat

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-simmering-wickedness-of-pentiments-dialogue-is-a-delight

Cytat

Still, Pentiment has good writing - wonderful writing, actually - and in this case I do know what it means. This game's writing is witty, it has tempo and timing, it is genuinely, wickedly funny. It is also, above all, natural - something that so often seems impossible in games, things where you're so often controlling a character impulsively, pulling their puppet strings on a whim. How do you write around that? Pentiment, Obsidian's surprise new thing that I am judging from an admittedly quite brief hands-on at Gamescom, seems to manage it remarkably well.

• Plusik 1
  • 2 tygodnie później...
3 godziny temu, Bielik napisał:

ostatnio namiętnie grywam w kingdom come i bardzo mi siadły te klimaty.

Ostrzegam przed DLC z młynareczką, nuda jak flaki z olejem. Lepiej olać.

Nie licząc tego to genialna gra, choć nadal jest sporo błędów w tym takich które blokują zadania. W tym roku zaliczyłem ponownie przejście i chętnie zacząłbym jeszcze raz.

Wracając do Pentiment to w sumie dobrze że ma niskie wymagania, pewnie sobie na laptopie ogram. Gówno tam siedzi a nie karta graficzna ale z tym tytułem powinno sobie znośnie poradzić.

- "mój pierwszy pitch do producentów to było: Night in the Woods spotyka Imię róży. Uwielbiam tę książkę, mam dwa tatuaże"

- "kiedyś chciałbym zrobić duży historyczny RPG. Ale zainteresował mnie Game Pass i możliwość takiego eksperymentu. Czy praca z małym zespołem, w dużej firmie, dla ogromnego wydawcy jest możliwa. Chyba jest"

- XVI wiek i Bawaria to ciekawy czas wielu przełomów. Opactwo, co było rzadkie w historii, ma i kobiecy i męski oddział obok siebie. Ponadto bohater tylko pracuje w opactwie, ale mieszka w miasteczku, więc będzie okazja poznać oba te światy

- postaci inspirowane są filmową adaptacją Imienia róży, a więc są trochę przesadzone, groteskowe, ma być w tym dużo humoru

- jest zaskakująco wiele smaczków w tym wykonaniu. Czcionki i sposób pisania odzwierciedlają daną postać. Także ich techniczne wykonanie, np. starszym postaciom blaknie czy odpada farba

- dla osób męczacych się z czytaniem tej kaligrafii będzie jednak opcja zmiany czcionek na normalne

- zaskakuje też ilość wyborów. Mamy pewne opcje tworzenia postaci: jego pochodzenie, wykształcenie itp. Wpływa to na opcje dialogowe i np. student biologii będzie miał dodatkowe komentarze na ten temat. Wiedza taka jak okultyzm czy astronomia przydać się może w mniej oczywistych momentach

- nie znaczy to, że warto z dodatkowych opcji korzystać. "Zachowywanie się jak mądrala nie zyskuje przychylności ludzi"

- około 200 postaci, których zachowanie ma też pewien rytm dobowy

- ostatecznie, jak to u Obsidian, rozwiązanie całej intrygi nie będzie tu najważniejsze, a może nawet dojdziemy do błędnych albo żadnych wniosków

- minigierka karciana oparta jest luźno na lancknechcie, choć i wiele tu z pokera. Wydaje się głównie przydatna do wyłapywania nowych informacji rzucanych przez postaci podczas gry

• Plusik 2
  • Lubię! 1