Skocz do zawartości

Tak zwane indie

Mikes

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Destructoid zamieścił reckę gry The Swapper. Muszę przyznać, że tytuł prezentuje się bardzo obiecująco i klimatycznie. Do tego duży plus za sposób w jaki został zrobiony. W końcu nie codziennie tworzy się gierki, w których elementy leweli tworzy się z gliny:)

It's always refreshing to be introduced to a game mechanic that you've never quite seen before. It's even better when that game takes said mechanic and elevates it to something pure and sublime, something that, to borrow a cliché, can always be replicated but never exactly duplicated.

In a few ways, The Swapper reminded me of Super Metroid. Not in terms of gameplay (this is a puzzle game, not a Metroidvania), but rather its cosmic setting, similar-looking map overlay, and oh yeah doors that look exactly like those in Super Metroid. It takes some serious gall to create an allusion to such a classic game, since doing so immediately brings to mind thoughts of top quality and legacy.

Luckily, The Swapper can get away with it just fine.

The Swapper (PC)
Developer: Facepalm Games
Publisher: Facepalm Games
Release Date: May 30, 2013
MSRP: $14.99 / £11.99 / €13.99

The Swapper's plot begins as a seemingly standard space story complete with a mysteriously vague stranger talking nonsense about who knows what. It quickly turns into a philosophical debate about metaphysics that, despite its complex ideas, is surprisingly easy to follow. It seems a bit strange and obtuse at first, but as the pieces fall into place the story becomes one of the most thought-provoking and interesting stories in a long time.

The classic mind-body problem is debated and yet, at the same time, remains so brilliantly relevant to the game's central mechanic that it still blows me away. Rarely does a serious discussion of philosophy tie so flawlessly into a game's mechanics that it just makes so much damn sense. The story and discussion don't feel out of place, forced, or at all poorly done.

It definitely helps that the writing is incredibly solid all throughout The Swapper. The story unfolds through conversations with the stranger as well as through memory terminals scattered around the map. These terminals will slowly reveal the history of what has happened, and even give some insight into the current predicament.

The voice acting is likewise great, providing very believable voices and delivering charming, yet eerie lines that are sure to make the player a bit uneasy. All of these elements culminate at the very end of the game to create one of the best videogame endings I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Even thinking about it now gives me chills.

The main mechanic in The Swapper revolves around the aptly named Swapper gun that the main character wields. This gun allows players to not only create up to four clones of themselves with the right-mouse button, but to then "swap" to any one of the clones in range, taking direct control of them by firing a beam at them with the left mouse button. The trick is that each clone exactly mirrors the player; if the player moves left four steps, so does each and every clone.

There are some tricky maneuvers to be pulled off with the Swapper, but luckily time slows down to a crawl while attempting to place a clone with the gun. There's something oddly satisfying about falling hundreds of feet, only to slow down time, create a clone just above the ground, and instantly switch to it right before the "previous you" falls to his death and crumbles. And yet, at the same time, it's a bit harrowing to see the body you just inhabited die right before your eyes.

Colored lights within the puzzles prevent the player from performing certain actions: blue lights prevent the player from creating clones while red lights prevent any attempted swapping. They even sometimes combine to make a purple light, restricting any use of the Swapper device whatsoever. The puzzles never wear out their welcome since the game will take most players under five hours to complete, and enough new puzzle elements are introduced to always keep things feeling fresh and challenging.

Puzzles usually consist of putting clones on top of pressure plates in order to open areas or turn off colored lights. The goal of each puzzle is to collect orbs, which in turn allows the player to access sealed off areas of the map. Some puzzles are definitely easier than others, but the difficulty never seems way too hard or laughably easy. Some puzzles will definitely have players sitting at their computer with a hand on their chin and squinted eyes pointed at the screen, thinking hard about the problem they face. Hopefully this is followed by a huge grin, knowing that the puzzle is behind them and they kicked its butt.

Now let's get to the real star of the game: the aesthetic. The Swapper was hand crafted in clay and other common materials, creating one of the most aesthetically unique games I have ever played. The colorful lighting plays well with the hand crafted clay and creates an eerie atmosphere that truly feels alien. This game is absolutely gorgeous in motion. A lot of love went into this style, and it has paid off in spades.

There are certain moments in this game that are sure to take your breath away. There is a strong emphasis on the sense of scale at just the right times to create memorable impressions and feelings of insignificance in the great void of space. Players may find themselves occasionally thinking more about the great emptiness of their surroundings instead of the next puzzle.

This game is beautiful, plain and simple.

I came away from The Swapper with nothing but amazement. From the first time you see the literally hand-crafted visuals until the final moment in the game, which is sure to give you pause for thought, you will be in complete awe. Brilliant puzzles with even more brilliant solutions compliment the philosophical plotline, leaving an unforgettable experience unlike any other.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-the-swapper-254540.phtml

Edytowane przez Paliodor

Przeszedłem Thomas Was Alone. Całkiem przyjemna gierka, choć trochę nużąca miejscami. Całość to właściwie taki miks platformówki i gry logicznej, której uroku nadaje intrygująca fabuła i narracja. Gra warta przejścia chociaż raz, szczególnie, że długa nie jest. Także soundtrack miły dla ucha, a całość dostępna w aktualnym humble bundle.

Zacząłem też Hotline Miami i pomijając ból głowy od specyficznych efektów teraz rozumiem skąd te zachwyty. Co prawda miejscami bywa frustrująco, ale gra się przyjemnie, a klimat jest niesamowity. Nie sądzę jednak, aby chciało mi się bawić w grę na punkty.

Ale w kulki polecieli dając hotline miami do bundla bez uwzględnienia soundtracka... No ale są pliki ogg w folderze z grą przynajmniej.

Edytowane przez Suavek

To nie wiem stary, jakiegos innego must-have'a raczej nie ma w tym bundlu. Dużo 'ambientowych' gierek w ktorych sie chodzi albo skacze i odkrywa narracje (albo nie). Tiny & Big podobno spoko, ale nie sprawdzalem jeszcze a lezy na Stimie od miesiecy.

Tak to z calego serducha moge polecic weekly sale z The Walking Dead. Świetna pozycja.

Gość mate5

Gunpoint, tytuł z można powiedzieć innowacyjną mechaniką łączenia urządzeń elektrycznych. 

Gunpoint offers you one of gaming’s most entertaining toys – a tool with gameworld-altering abilities enough to join the worshipful company of Aperture Science’s Portal Device and Half-Life 2’s Gravity Gun

- z recenzji Edge

Edytowane przez mate5
Gość Zaqair

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Serious Sam 3: BFE Deluxe Edition (BTA/ Beat The Average) Steam Only Windows/Linux/Mac

Serious Sam 2 (BTA/ Beat The Average) Steam/Windows Only

Serious Sam HD: the first encounter Steam/Windows Only

Serious Sam HD: the second encounter Steam/Windows Only

Serious Sam the random encounter Steam/Windows

Serious Sam double d Steam/Windows

Serious Sam kamikaze attack Windows/Andorid

Serious Sam Public Demo 2 Windows

All funds to Croteam will go towards making the upcoming Serious Sam 4 the craziest and greatest Serious Sam game EVER.

Edytowane przez Zaqair

Wczesniej pisalem o Dust: An Elysian Tail. W zeszlym tygodniu skonczylem i to tak sie wciagnalem, ze zrobilem wszystko co bylo do zrobienia. Nizej wklejam swoja recke bo jestem bezczelną dziwką. Wersja tl;dr brzmi tak: jeżeli graliście i lubiliście action RPGi z PSXa lub 'niżej' to sprawdzcie Dust. Poruszy pewne struny, które byly nieruszane od tamtego czasu.

Dust: An Elysian Tail harkens back to those childhood experiences that molded most of us. Be it the lengthy afternoons spent with Castlevania or seeing another rerun of The Neverending Story, it was always about the illusive sense of adventure. Not just saving the world and rescuing the princess, but about places that were ‘out there and yet to be explored. Dust, while not flawless, is sure to bring back those feelings.
The first thing anyone will notice about Dust, whether by playing it or by watching a trailer, is how great it looks. Indie games get a lot of flack for being uninspired in this regard, often falling back to the pseudo-retro graphics known from the 8 or 16 bit classics, so a game like this, whose art is completely hand-painted, will feel like a breeze of fresh air. Colourful, yet withheld when needed, the carefully drawn surroundings and characters paint an image of a vibrant world that most would crave to explore.

2013-05-23_00004-700x437.jpg

You’ll notice that the land of Falana is always in motion, either by environment animation of flora and fauna or weather effects, both of which breathe life into the gorgeous frames of Dust. Along with the fantastic score by HyperDuck SoundWorks, this creates a sense of wonder which fuels a need to completely explore the Metroidvania-like levels filled with branching paths and hidden nooks and crannies. Dust: An Elysian Tail offers a sense of adventure of the best kind, one that looms just around the next hill or valley; it screams of creepy haunted houses, frozen caverns, scalable mountains and dense forests brimming with life, and with each screen traversed it makes you want more.
You travel the world of Falana as Dust, an amnesic who wakes up in the middle of a forest with a talking sword in his hand and a flying squirrel-like, soon-to-be sidekick character Fidget by his side. From there, the story travels the well-known twists and turns of evil generals, scorned warriors, dying lands tied in a bow of redemption and hope, ect. It is, by all means, a classic Disney-like story that offers both sorrow and cheer in healthy doses but somehow lacks any serious grip on a seasoned player. While the story sometimes touches on more serious themes like death and identity, it does so in a very straightforward, one-dimensional manner, which doesn’t help the message delivery. It is absolutely mediocre, which I guess is its main flaw, but on the bright side, it never feels like something you must pay attention to. The ability to skip any dialogue or scene to get back to the action helps in this regard.

2013-06-05_00011-700x437.jpg

Dust: An Elysian Tail’s gameplay is built upon the classic action RPG mechanic that pits the amazingly proficient main hero against dozens of enemies at once; in Dust’s case, both on the ground and in the air. It’s a frantic experience that utilizes two attack buttons (one for a normal attack, second for a move called the Dust Storm), Fidget’s ability to throw projectiles, and lots of jumping and evading.
In combat, the player feels powerful and always in control, which is underlined by the game’s snappy and responsive controls; toying with enemies or trying new tactics are the end results for a skilled player. Sadly, the lack of challenge turns the combat into a nearly mindless slasher that, while it feels good, offers little in terms of real satisfaction. The game’s normal enemies are mostly cannon fodder (minus the big enemies that require waiting for a counter-attack), and the bosses are unimaginative and lack any emotional weight. It’s far too easy to breeze and slash through without any hindrance.
Perhaps most disappointingly, while you gain some new moves useful for exploration and Fidget gets new projectiles, Dust never really evolves in battle. You gain levels and bump your stats, but you never learn any new combos aside from the starting few, which completely undermines the character development that might (or rather, should) be tied to it. I am all for games that rely on the skill of the player using a limited number of abilities but Dust, with its laughably easy enemies could be hardly counted as one, so having the game come up with new tricks to entertain the player would be preferable. Unfortunately, the game is stuck in complete limbo in this regard, offering an entertaining system that will, sadly, be completely forgotten once the game is shut off.
2013-06-05_00013-700x437.jpg
Environmental damage – your worst enemy in Dust.

As it stands, the weight was put on the wrong aspect of the gameplay, offering more slashing than exploring. This ended with both areas of gameplay being seriously hindered. The maps, while fun to go through with all their hidden areas to find and environment dangers to avoid, sometimes feel lackluster and not developed enough, and the combat gets rather mindless after a while.
While it does get halfway in both, it is still a very enjoyable experience that will suck you into its world for a good 12 or so hours. The introduction of puzzles, more complex and inter-connected maps with more secret nooks and crannies, some more fleshing out of the combat system, and prioritizing quality over quantity would be a godsend for Dust. It seems like a long list of flaws, but again, Dust: An Elysian Tale establishes a great foundation for a possible sequel and is not to be missed if you are an action RPG fan. Once you take a step in the world of Falana, it’s hard not to fall in love with it.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles/2013/06/06/dust-an-elysian-tail-review/
(jeżeli ktoś chce nabić kliki i w ogóle)

Teaser Hotline Miami 2 :

I co nieco o grze z Destructoid:

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number picks up after the events of the original game and focuses on two different groups of people you'll be playing as. While both groups are very different from one another, they both happen to be dealing with the same subject matter: Hero worship. The "hero" in this case being Jacket from the Hotline Miami, who has made waves after going on his killing spree against the Russian mob.

A new story, but that original brutal satisfying gameplay is very much intact. You'll be smashing, slashing, shooting, and slamming people's bodies into bloody pulps all to the cool tunes of the '80s-inspired music once again, and that's a good thing.

1 / 6

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PC)
Developer: Dennaton Games
Publisher: Devolver Digital
Release: 2013

Hero worship comes in the form of the Hollywoodization of a person, where you attempt to tell someone's story but end up glorifying it instead. Remember the first trailer for Hotline Miami, starring the Pig Butcher? You know that part where it says based on a true story? Well that's true, sort of. It's based on true events in the sense that that trailer was actually a movie trailer from within the game's universe.

Part of Wrong Number's storyline will see you playing as Pig Butcher, the star of a new movie based on the events that took place in Hotline Miami. The movie is a '90s slasher take on those events, but the gameplay setup remains the same. You will go through the various stages, killing anyone that gets in your way. The difference here being that once the stage is over, the director yells cut and everyone is actually alive and well. At least, that's how this opening act played out with Pig Butcher.

The director stresses for the actors to really absorb their characters, reminding me of how Daniel Day Lewis gets into his roles in real Hollywood movies. This is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pig Butcher starts killing for real as you progress through his story.

The second form of hero worship takes us to the extreme, where fans mimic the heinous actions. In this case you'll be playing as a group of hardcore fans, wannabes that desire to become masked vigilantes just like Jacket was. Trouble is that the janitors from the first game have no reason to call anymore as Jacket killed the entire Russian mob already. So the fans just drive around town, looking for thugs to beat up. They hope to build up media attention this way, thus the janitors will place a call so they can be part of the thing they look up to so much.

In the second part of the demo we met up with these fans as they're throwing a party where various people were wearing different animal masks celebrating Jacket. While some of these people were just hanging out, the main characters you'll be playing as wanted to do more than just party. The leader of the gang wears the tiger mask, a mask that's torn apart and all bloodied up as the leader claims it's a mask belonging to Jacket that he found.

So the gang departs the party, and finds some thugs to beat up in similar fashion to the original game. Each of the playable characters wears a unique mask, thus each character has a special ability. With the tiger mask, you can't use weapons as your punches are insta-kills. With the zebra mask, you're agile and able to climb through windows to get around levels.

HLM2%20Screen%206-620x.jpg

"We know there's a lot of expectations from people of what the game should be or should not be," Hotline Miami's Dennis Wedin told Destructoid during a press demo. These obsessed fans like tiger mask "kind of symbolize people that want Hotline Miami 2 to be the same as Hotline Miami 1. You know, collecting masks, getting phone calls, etc. Yeah it's going to be in there, but we don't want to make the same game one more time."

So these fans kind of symbolize developer Dennaton Games' take on the obsession from real fans. Well, you know, minus the whole murderous rampage aspect. I remember how rabid fans were after the original game came out, obsessing over it for days, myself included. I'm sure Dennaton was shocked by the love and praise they received, to the point that it's made them intertwine this theme into Wrong Number.

"We tried to add some more emotions to what the player should feel while playing the game," Dennis told me in regards to the different expectations, motivations, and dreams of what these characters believe their part in this universe is meant to be all about. "Not just feeling disturbed and awesome which the first game did. It's still in there but we also tried to maybe invoke feelings about sadness."

HLM2%20Screen%201-620x.jpg

The core original gameplay that you loved from the first game is very much intact here. Dennaton is proud of how the original played, as were the fans. They are doing small tweaks here and there, adding new enemies, weapons, and gore. And yes, it's still as satisfyingly difficult.

If you're some of those freaky players that somehow found Hotline Miami too easy though, then you'll be happy to hear there's going to be a new hard mode, unlockable in the same fashion as in Super Meat Boy. Get an A+ in levels and the hard mode version will be unlocked. Some tools will be removed in hard mode, namely the lock-on ability.

HLM2%20Screen%205-620x.jpg

There's no way you can talk about Hotline Miami without referencing the absolutely wonderful soundtrack. The music I heard in the Wrong Number demo was fantastic, giving off the same vibe as the original, and at one point while taking notes I wrote "SO FUCKING GOOD" in regards to what I was hearing.

Artists such as Perturbator, Jasper Byrne, M.O.O.N. are contributing to the soundtrack once again. Plus, after the original game was released Dennaton was approached by a bunch of people that had Hotline Miami-like music that will be featured in the sequel.

HLM2%20Screen%202-620x.jpg

Hotline Miami 2 should be as long, if not longer than the first game, hence why this became a full-on sequel instead of the DLC that was originally planned. The team is looking into possibly offering players a map maker, and they're even throwing around the idea of a multiplayer mode of sorts. Multiplayer would come as DLC though, if at all, as they're focused on just developing the main game for release.

The original Hotline Miami was such an enjoyable experience, and Wrong Number easily looks like it will be even better thanks to its unique and messed-up storyline.

Jaram się nieziemsko :D

Edytowane przez Paliodor